Battle in the Dark

Marco:

"Time to die Bloodling, draw your new weapons and face me here in my father’s place"

I looked at Tony who looked right back at me. "Good luck man" he says and walks to the side of the room.

"Were are you going, I need help" I say desperately

"The son of Zeus can't interfere with this fight, unless he wants to be cursed for all eternity" replied the guy in black armour. “Now come on Bloodling, come to your death so that I can move on."

I look at Tony again and I see his sad expression on his face. He knows I’m gonna die and he can’t do anything about it. I look at my opponent and I have an Idea.

"Take off your armour so that the fight will be fair, I only have the shield that is on my back and these scythes".

He looks down in his armour and laughs. "Hahahahahaha, to bad for you bloodling I think I will keep my amour on but just to amuse you, I will take of my bracers and gloves"

As he removes his bracers and gloves it reveals his arms. His long thin green arms. What the fuck? He sees me staring at his arms and razes them higher.

"This is my power from my father, the power to kill living things by touch, and also control spirits"

He walks backwards while facing me

“Till death”, he then raises his hand palm open to the ceiling. Then without a word he pulls out his sword and lunges at me. With my duel scythes my hand, I barely knock aside his attack. He swings his sword again; I duck and side step to the left and swing my own attack.

“Ting”

I hear the metallic sound and recoil away from guy. Crap I hit his armour. He turns around and swings at me again with greater speed. I raise my scythes in a cross motion to block the attack. He then pushes me backward towards the wall. I stager towards him to attack but he swings his sword downwards toward my head.  I raise my scythes again to my defence. He grunts and then attacks again with increased power and speed.

“Ting ting”

Again and again he attacks with furious rage and all I can do is block and listen to the sounds. The sounds of steel hitting steel, the rasping sound of my feet moving along the floor, and the shouts of my attacker. Sweat rolling down my face and my arms beginning to give, crap I’m going to die.

Crack

What was that, were did that sound come from

Before I could realize anything, my attacker brings down his sword again and breaks the scythes.

Time slows down as an explosion of pure darkness hits me and sends me crashing against a wall. I fall to the ground and everything just gets darker and darker.

Tony:

Oh shit. Marco collapses onto the ground.

 “After you kill him you though the rules don’t apply anymore.” I say, the guy ignores my threat and takes of his helmet.

“Well done descendent of Hades, you fought well for a bloodling but my victory is and was undeniable”.

They guy then takes off his armour and turns to me. “You better start treating me better, I will win the competition and become Hades, and then you won’t be able to talk to me like that”

I draw my sword and get ready to smash this guy but something stops me, behind the guy I see dark shadows forming.

Bottomless pit black shadows forming around something.

I lower my sword in shock because what I see totally freaks me. The shadows are forming around Marco it looks intense. I mean like really wicked. His hair is standing up and moving like the shadows were playing with them. Dark raw energy was pulsing around his body like an electrical circuit and the most freakiest thing of all was his eyes, no longer did he have brown eyes, but they here black, black as the night sky. And they were aimed at the Hades guy.

The Hades guy goes for his armour but Marco just flicks his wrist and the armour flies to the other side of the room, the guy just looks at Marco and stops.

“Kill me quick bloodling, kill me and send me to my father’s place”.

With another quick flick a spear appears behind him from the shadows and runs itself through the guys back.

The guy just gasps and falls to his knees, and without another word falls to the ground.

“Thump” was the last sound his lifeless body made. The spear disappeared and all the shadows around Marco dissolve away. Marco then collapsed to the ground and didn’t get back up.

What Just happened.