Keep it real

Hello, is it me you're looking for? So this is the newest chapter. I just have to apologise for whoever reads this book, I am really bad at writing and I'm sorry for putting you through the torture. Anyway, here you all go,

Vote

Comment

Share

Jordy xx

____________________________________________

Irisa's POV

I think this is worse than childbirth, if not it is a very close second. My entire side of my back is burning and I think I might actually pass out, either from blood loss or from pain.

Literally two seconds after I saw Tristan, I was in the infirmary at the pack house. I couldn't hear anything over my groaning as I was lifted from the ground and placed face down on the bed. My shirt was ripped off and I felt my skin being prodded until my shoulder became numb.

I looked to my side to see Elizabeth holding Jaelyn who looked very distraught by the sight of me in pain.

"Hey b-b-baby, everything is ok."I cooed and she started to calm down. "Elizabeth please take her out." Just as I felt a pair of pliers enter my wound, she disappeared. 

I let out a scream and heard the clink of metal on metal. The numbing stuff did nothing. My shoulder burnt like I was in the firey saunas of hell. I tried to get away but I felt myself being held down to the table. 

They began to start stitching up the wound when I finally couldn't take it anymore and blacked out.

****************************

Tristan's POV

I grabbed the faery by the collar so that I was staring right at him. 

"I am going to make your punishment long and torturous." I snarled at him. He was only little and I suspect that Kaidan had only sent a junior soldier to do the dirty work. I threw him against the wall and stormed away, waiting for Enzo to pick him up and bring him to the car. "Hurry up!" I yelled to Enzo behind me. It was a bit mean but I was fuming, as anyone would be if their mate had just been shot at. 

We got into the car and I slammed my foot on the gas. All of a sudden I felt a strong pain in my shoulder and knew that it was coming from the mate bond. This just made me drive faster. 

I mind linked the pack warriors to meet me at the front of the pack house when I pulled up. When I did pull up, I left Enzo with the random fae and ran for the infirmary. There were random people standing in my way so I just shouted and tried to push people out of the way.

I found my way to the infirmary and then into the alpha wing. I opened the door to see Irisa lying on the bed and completely unconscious. She was attached to a heart monitor and an IV drip. I literally could feel the relief slide from my body. The slow beeps showed me that she was ok and her heart was still beating. 

I sat by her side and let out a deep breath. This whole day was more stressful than it should have been. It was supposed to be a day of family fun but it was all ruined. I held onto Irisa's hand and gave it a kiss before settling down properly into the chair. 

I rubbed my thumb over the back of her hand and watched as she slept. She slightly stirred and then slowly her eyes opened. I moved the chair around and brushed her hair with my hand. 

"Hey baby, how are you feeling?" I asked softly as I leant down next to her. She gave me a slight smile and leaned into my hand.

"I feel like shit." She said and I let out a light chuckle. "Who shot me?" I let out a breath and sat back in my seat.

"It was a faery." I sighed out, "I don't know how they knew we were there but we are very lucky that it wasn't worse." She let out a murmur of agreement and slightly closed her eyes. I brushed my hand over her forehead, taking away the strands of sweat slickin' hair. 

"What are you going to do to them?" She asked and I had to lean down closer so that I could actually hear her. 

"He is going to be put under high security, we are sending him to the werewolf prison in Kalazane. He can stay there until we need him." I didn't really want her to know about our major high security prison, but she was set to be my queen someday, and that means that I will need to tell her everything. 

We sat in silence and shortly after the doctor came in. I stood up quickly and turned my attention to her. 

"Your Majesty," She said whilst bowing and then slowly came up and started reading off of her clipboard. "The bullet was taken out of her shoulder successfully and there has been no major damage, she will obviously be in a lot of pain but we have given her high doses of morphine. She will not heal as fast as we do, for obvious reasons, but she will back at it soon enough." I thanked the doctor and then sat down at the side of the bed again.

It was all becoming too real and I was not ignorant enough to think it wouldn't escalate.