Chapter 11

Amelia

We stood in the break room of the little cafe. Sheila just walked in with a vanilla cake, with white icing, that had 'Happy birthday Lucah!' written on it.

I was next to Lucah, my hand in his big, strong one. Sheila tossed a blue wrapped gift box at him, excitement lacing her every move.

"Mine first, Lucah!" She said like a little kid waiting for ice cream.

I loved Sheila. She was an amazing person, who had a great personality. She had her medium length, chocolate brown hair pulled into a pony tail, her work shirt tied up at the hip, and her dark jeans fit perfectly. She didn't look forty-three, she looked more like thirty-three.

"Sheila, you shouldn't of got me anything." Lucah says, looking curiously at the box.

"Open the freaking box, Lucah James!" She said, using his middle name.

Lucah scowled at her for the use of the name, "ok, ok!"

He opened the box, Sheila looking at him like a dog watches a squirrel. Lucah pulls out a white t-shirt, Sheila's face on the back, it's slightly enlarged, too. It reads, 'my brilliant boss' on the back in cursive writing. I burst out laughing, my face going slightly blue from the lack of air. Sheila let's out a loud laugh, gesturing towards the box for more.

Lucah drops the shirt, and pulls out a picture. I look closer to see that it's a picture of Lucah and I. I believe it was from the first day I started working here. Lucah was holding my hand as we got ready to leave. He was smiling at me, and I was laughing at him. He was holding my hand because I tried going into the wrong room, so he grabbed it and led me to the right one.

I had no idea she took this. Not only was it a surprise for Lucah, but for me too. Next, he pulls out a photo of his family. All of them wearing matching shirts. Lucah looked about six in the photo, smiling at something in the distance. His hair was spiked into a tiny mohawk, and he had two teeth missing.

"I love it, Sheila." He said, smiling at both the photos.

She smiles at him mischievously, "even the shirt?"

He laughs, "even the shirt."

"I'll pay you twenty bucks if you where it the rest of today!" She bets.

He thinks for a minute, "deal, but tomorrow."

"Fine. As long as you wear my face." She chuckles.

"Open mine." I say, handing him a pink wrapped box.

He takes it, ripping the paper off quickly. Inside is a watch with his first and middle initials engraved in it, Lucah James. He flips it over, studying it. He looks back into the box, pulling out a little wallet sized picture of us, side by side. I also had another surprise for him, but that would wait till we got home.

His eyes watch me intently. I stare at him, too. Sheila leaves the room, giving me the look. I love her to death, but the woman sucks at signals.

After noticing she's gone, Lucah moves to lock the door. I feel heat rise to my cheeks when he moves towards me. His hands lay gently on my waist, playing with the fabric of my shirt. He pulls my body against his, making butterflies spew in my stomach.

"I love it." He mumbles, moving to kiss me.

I let him, wrapping my arms around his neck, my hands in his hair. He moves us to the wall, pressing me against it, as I wrap my legs around his waist. He moves to my neck, where he kisses me lightly, then to my collar bone, and back up to my lips.

We both pull back, remembering where we are. Lucah sets me down, but pecks me on the lips. I straighten my clothes, and brush my hair down.

Walking out of the room, Lucah and I clock out. Sheila had already shut down by the time we got to her. She looks at us slyly.