Chapter 13

Amelia

"Are you happy, Lucah?" I ask from across the table.

He looks at me, his hair falling perfectly in front of his face, his gray eyes holding an intensity so great, like they're pulling me towards them. He grasps my hand tightly, before kissing it.

"No one's happy all the time. Sure, I'm happy when I'm with you...when I'm working out, or boxing. But there's days when nothing cheers me up. When only you are able to make me smile." His eyes run over my face, making me blush, "are you happy?"

I think for a moment, "I wasn't. No, I wasn't happy at all before, but now, now I'm happy most of the time. Especially when we're hanging out at the café, or when we're cuddling. Then there's those rare days when I don't feel like moving, when I feel like my legs will shatter on impact with the floor.

Those days when I'm clingy, and don't want to let you go, those are the days I'm not happy. Those are the days I used to live in, Lucah. But now that I'm with you, they have become less and less frequent." I answer, looking at the table.

He stands up, and moves to my side, before pressing his lips hard on to mine, "all I want is to make you happy."

My heart skips a beat at his words, and I kiss him back. When we pull back, his face is lit up like a light. His eyes dance playfully, and I chuckle a little.

"You're the only thing that makes me happy." I whisper.

His movements are filled with emotion, making me crave him more. I wanted Lucah, I wanted him more than anything. I get up off my stool, and bring his head back to mine. My lips meet his, passion filling every spot in my body.

I wasn't lying. Lucah was the only thing that's brought me happiness in a long time. He makes me feel wanted. I feel like I matter when I'm with him, like I'm not some worthless human being on the face of this decaying earth. He makes me feel loved, and I want to make him feel the same.

I love Lucah. There's no room in my body for anyone else. I belong to him, and he belongs to me. It's his choice for when he leaves, but I know I'm never leaving first.

*

I woke up by myself.

Lucah was no where in the room. The  darkness of the night comforted me. I pull my phone out from its hiding spot on the night stand, and type in Lucah's number.

It rings four times before someone picks up, "Hello?"

The voice wasn't Lucah's, it was much more sophisticated sounding. It was an old man from what I could tell.

"Um, is Lucah around?" I ask nervously.

I hear some shuffling before he says, "he's busy right now."

I sigh, "can you tell me where he is? It's urgent."

I hear the man say something, then a deep voice I can place almost instantly.

"He said to meet him at the gym. Instead of going to the main part, you need to head of into the boxing room, though." Why would I need to go to the boxing room?

His voice holds a New Jersey accent. I wonder why I need to do that tonight?

I put my shoes on, and throw a sweatshirt over my tank top. I grab my phone to call an uber, and he's here in minutes. I prefer to drive myself, but Lucah has the car.

"Where to, sweet heart?" The old man says sweetly.

"Max's Gym." I reply, kindness in my voice.

"Got it." He laughs.