Chapter 14

Amelia

I was reading Me Before You when Lucah came through the door, rain drenching his clothes, and dampening his hair.

"Been at the gym, have you?" I question, smirking humorously at him.

He threw his bag down, and picked my legs up to sit in his lap when he sits on the couch. He started looking at me with a lust filled gaze.

"No, actually. Georgie said that I couldn't come in today, and my car broke down on the way back." He breathes out in frustration, "if he would've called twenty minutes earlier, I would've stayed home with my beautiful girlfriend, instead of being caught in this storm, and have to walk home in the rain."

There it goes again; random butterflies just jumping around in my stomach becausehe called me beautiful.

I smile sarcastically, "I want to meet her."

"Ha-ha." He says in a steely voice.

I smirk, "I'm hilarious, aren't I?"

He scratches his chin for a minute, "definitely."

Suddenly, he pulls me on to his lap. I squeal when he picks up. Before I can object, he starts tickling me.

Gasping for air, I say, "L-Lucah! S-stop, n-now!"

His hands keep tickling me as he grins, "on one condition."

"What?!" I yell, still feeling desperate.

"Kiss me." He demands, his hands pinning min above my head.

I smirk, "in your dreams."

Thinking he would just let me go, I'm surprised when he shrugs, "ok then." And starts tickling me all over.

"Ok! I give up!" I yell, no more breath left in me.

He let's a out victorious smile, and shakes his head a little, "I love you."

I bite my bottom lip, trying not to smile at the sound of his words, "I love you, too."

He grins at me, "now you need to fulfill your end, beautiful."

I roll my eyes, a small smile growing on my face. I pull his head down, and place a kiss on his mouth. I smile against his lips.

This boy.

*
I felt tears run down my face as Connar walked out the door.

Glass was everywhere....including my skin. Blood was on the carpet, and not to mention, my drunk brother just walked out of the house. The cuts burned from where the alcohol had seeped into my arms.

I couldn't help but think of what mom would do. How she would be strong, and help Connar. I missed her.

I missed them all.

Dad. Mom. Connar.

But they were all gone. This was the moment I lost faith in myself. I promised I'd leave if he ever hurt me again. Now that he has, I want to so badly, but I know I can't.

Blood starts clouding my eye from a cut in my forehead. I take my shirt, and gently rub the blood out. My body aches because of the little splinters of glass that has made its' way into my skin.

I make my way to the bathroom, before sitting down on the toilet. A big chunk of glass bulged from my leg, and I grasp the edge of it with my fingers.I wince in pain when the glass moves.

Bracing myself, I grab the side of the counter. My fingers play at the edge of the glass, and hot tears make their way down my face.

I scream in agony when I pull the glass out, blood starting to pool out of the wound.