19. Weasley Christmas

It was the early morning of christmas when Lily and Alice decided to wake up early to get ready for their trip back to Kings Cross Station. Sheets of platinum snow piled up outside the girls' dormitory windows as students went out of bed, preparing for their way home.

Lily packed her clothes in a big trunk along with her casual shoes and her favourite novels. With a big huff, she lifted her heavy, suede trunk onto her four-poster bed.

"Blimey, Lils. Christmas break is one month, not one year." Alice chuckled with a shake of her head.

"The clothes I have at The Burrow don't fit me anymore." Lily groaned as she tried to charm her broom so it could get inside the trunk. A sigh escaped from her lips as she stared at her almost-ready luggage.

The Weasley cousins planned to have a little christmas party with their family and closest friends at The Burrow this christmas break. Back when they were little kids, the cousins would spend their vacations at The Burrow to visit their grandmother and grandfather, Molly and Arthur Weasley. They would have little sleepovers, playing dress up and wizarding games until their grandmother entered inside the living room, saying, 'It's way past your bedtime, children! Run along to your rooms now.' And then they would giggle and sneak for a couple hours more, playing until they heard footsteps approach the living room again.

Then they would pretend to be asleep on the couch and on the carpets, all huddled together as Grandmum Weasley checked if they were still awake. It was convincing at first, but Hugo would give them away by sniggering loudly. Merlin, he was a bad actor!

Though when they really needed to go to bed, Rose, Molly, Lily, and Dominique would sleep in Ginny's old room, while Lucy, Victoire, and Roxanne would stay in Ron's old room. Hugo and Albus would share in Percy's old room while Fred, James, and Louis would stay in Fred and George's old room. Occasionally, Teddy would join them and would stay at Bill's abandoned room because he snored too loudly for him to have company.

Those were the days they badly missed, and with that nostalgic memory, the Weasley cousins decided to do it again this year.

When Lily invited Alice, she was more than excited to spend christmas with them. After all, her dad-- Neville, and her brother-- Reece, were invited, too, since they were family friends.

Lily crouched down her bed to tidy things up a bit before they leave the castle in a few hours.

As she was stacking the rubbish into a small garbage bag, her hand landed on a letter from home sent two weeks ago. She sat on the floor as she tied her hair into a lazy pony tail before opening her letter carefully.

'Dearest Lily,

We heard about the christmas party you and your cousins planned and we think it's a very lovely idea, dear. Your father and I would love to spend christmas at The Burrow again! We'll fetch you and your brothers at Kings Cross Station after the yule ball.

Love always,

Mum.

PS: Will you be bringing Scorpius? Your father and I are thrilled to see him again.xx '

Lily scoffed. "Oh, mum . . ." She rolled her eyes as she folded the paper, shoving it inside the front pocket of her bag.

"What?" Alice asked curiously as she plopped down her own four-posted bed.

"Mum was asking if I'm bringing Scorp at The Burrow later." She muttered nonchalantly.

"Now that; I would like to see." Alice smirked.