6. Disintegrated

'Disintegrated.

      Like something had gone wrong beaming her onto the Starship Enterprise.

      If you've ever wondered what that feels like, it's a lot like melting -- but more violent.'

                                                                                                    - Eleanor & Park

                                                                                                                Rainbow Rowell

The fifth year Gryffindor and Ravenclaw students stood behind three cauldrons that had different colours and aroma in each pot. Professor Slughorn walked beside the first cauldron.

"Can anyone tell me what potion this is?" He asked.

A petite-looking Ravenclaw girl put her hand up.

"Yes, Miss Roth?"

"It's a Blood-Replenishing Potion, sir. It replenishes the taker's blood if they have been injured and lost some blood. That explains the blood-like smell of the cauldron, sir."

"Very well explained, miss Roth. Take 10 points for Ravenclaw." Professor Slughorn smiled and explained further.

"This potion is very very easy to brew, but I must tell you that this potion requires loads of patience, ladies and gentlemen."

He proceeded to the next cauldron with the rose-gold liquid.

"Who would like to tell the class what this potion is?"

Lily saw Alice's hand raise immediately, her eyes full of excitement.

"Yes, Miss Longbottom?"

"That is a Beautification Potion, sir. It makes the taker very beautiful."

"10 points! Yes, yes. It also varies on the person who sees you. That means you see a different version of you by how you want to see yourself, but in another person's eyes, they see their own preference of beauty in you. Now, this is a complex potion, but if you follow the book, it should be easy enough." Professor Slughorn was grinning already as he walked to the last potion.

"And this is the Forgetfulness Potion," Professor Slughorn pointed to the clear potion that smelled somewhat sweet and bitter at the same time, "it makes the taker forget for at least 24 hours, depending on the amount you induce."

Lorcan Scamander-- Zander's twin, raised his hand, bemused.

"Yes, Mister Scamander, what is it?"

"I was just wondering... Why take that potion when you could just Obliviate them?" Lorcan asked.

"Ah, yes. This potion is commonly used in the Ministry Of Magic, they mix this potion with tea to make muggles forget the disturbances they've seen from our world. "

Lorcan and several other people nodded, signifying that they understood what the purpose of the potion was.

"Okay, very well. I am giving you lot the chance to pick any of the three potions to recreate. You have three hours to finish your potion. You may now proceed." The professor nodded once and stepped out of the way.

Alice poked Lily's arm.

"Let's try the beautification potion, I've been reading all about that particular potion for ages now!" Alice beamed at Lily and Lily chuckled as she nodded.

"Sure, Alice. You don't need any, though."

"Stop it, you." She tapped Lily's back and blushed. "Let's get started." Alice took Lily's arm as they went to their table next to Hugo and Lysander who seemed to be doing the forgetfulness potion.