15. House Party

Bottles of firewhiskey were being opened up as music blasted all over the Slytherin common room. A banner of Scorpius and Roxanne's name were hung against the window panels as people danced and became wasted.

"Scorpius! My man!" Gabriel Nolan approached him with two firewhiskeys on hand as he gave the other one to Scorpius. "Congratulations, man! The bucket was genius!" He clunked the bottles together as he hiccuped, evidently drunk already.

"Thanks, man." Scorpius drank up while a few girls approached him.

"Hey, Malfoy. Great job on that demigod."

"Demiguise," he corrected. "Thanks." He smiled politely as he walked towards Roxanne who was holding a beer on one hand, and the other hand resting on the couch.

"Roxanne! Congratulations and thank you for helping me out."

"That's nothing, really. Have a drink." Roxanne offered him a beer, but he raised his firewhiskey.

"I'm good." He smiled as a few seventh year boys lifted him up. "TO MALFOY, THE BUCKET MAN."

Everyone raised their glasses as they howled.

"Bucket man? Really? That's the best you could come up with?" Scorpius laughed as he shook his head.

"We're on Pixie Dust, mate. Cut us some slack." A seventh year shrugged.

"Bloody hell, is no one in this room drunk or high?" He asked, rhetorically.

Scorpius sat on a couch near the window as he sipped his firewhiskey.

His hand landed on the small of his pocket when he remembered that the locket was still inside. He took it out as he studied the small locket. It was gold and the outer shell was shaped into a heart. When he opened it, he realized that the locket was a small working watch. There was nothing special with it except for the fact that the the numbers were only up to 6 o'clock.

What did that mean? Scorpius had no clue, but he had an unpleasant feeling about it.

"Oh, wow. That's a cool locket." A Slytherin girl stood in front of Scorpius, a beer on hand. She had this perfectly toned body of a woman you usually see on a muggle magazine. Her brown hair had big waves at the end all the way down to her chest and her eyes were a mix of green and blue. She was beautiful, no doubt about it.

"It's just a locket." Scorpius said with a shrug as he looked out the window.

"It changes color." The girl said as she moved to where Scorpius was looking.

"What?" He quickly looked at the heart-shaped locket that was now black. "This was gold a while ago - wait what?" He opened the locket, confused as to why it suddenly changed color. The small hand was directed at six and the long hand stopped at twelve.

"I don't understand, what is this supposed to mean?" He asked himself, completely forgetting that the girl was still there.

"I think your next task is gonna be a timed thing. But only until six o'clock." She said as she took a chair and moved it beside him. Scorpius looked at her with furrowed eyebrows as he gripped on the locket.

"I'm Olivia." She held out her hand as Scorpius shook it. "Scorpius." He nodded once as he went back to looking at the locket. He studied it very closely when he noticed that it wasn't moving anymore.

"It stopped working." He said as he finished his bottle of firewhiskey.

"Is it broken?" Olivia asked as she slowly took the locket from him.

"I don't know?" It came off as a rude statement, but she decided to ignore him.

"You better take good care of Lily, then." She said as she looked at the locket with a smirk.

"Lily? What's that supposed to mean?" The tone of his voice suddenly changed. He was worried and scared. 'Anyone but Lily' He thought.

"There's a reason for everything." She said with her eyebrows raised. "Think." She pointed at her temple.

Scorpius opened the little locket again. "So... I only have until six o'clock to finish the next task?"

"Go on." She said.

A few people were starting to stare at them as they whispered suspiciously. Scorpius chose to ignore them as he continued analyzing the locket.

"The heart shape symbolizes love?"

"Probably." Olivia grimaced.

Alix Zabini interrupted, her hand on her hip and her brow arched maliciously. "Hey, Scorp. Do you want to go with me? I'm meeting Fred. Lily will be there."

"Err, later. I'm a bit busy." He shook his head as he went back to talking to Olivia.

"So on the next task, I have to find the one I love?"

"Close enough." She smirked as she leaned closer to Scorp. "Think." She squinted her eyes, testing him.

"I am! Wait-- how did you figure this out so quickly?" He frowned suspiciously.

"It's obvious." She rolled her eyes as she continued on. "The locket turned black, didn't it?" She asked as Scorpius nodded.

"What time did it turn black?" She asked.

"18:00." He answered as he shifted in his seat.

"Wrong. It turned black during sunset. It was 17:57, exactly when the sun vanished."

"Okay," Alix raised her voice in defeat. "I'm going now. Bye!" She sounded annoyed, but Scorpius wouldn't give.

"See you later." He nodded at Alix before completely facing Olivia.

"Okay? What about Lily?" He asked, eagerly.

"The heart symbolizes someone you love. They're taking someone important to you, and you have to finish before sunset to get them back." Olivia glanced at Alix who was already glaring. "Black isn't really a good color, so expect the worst."

"Come on, Jordan. Scorpius is too busy." Alix commented loudly, making sure Scorpius and Olivia heard as she grabbed her friend's hand out the Slytherin common room.

"I don't want to bring Lily into the games. What should I do?" Scorpius asked worriedly.

"Scorpius... I know I'm perfect and all, but I'm not a bloody god. I don't have all the answers to everything." She said with a laugh.

Scorpius sighed. "I really don't want Lily to be in danger because of me."

Olivia paused for a moment as her fingers drummed on the arm rest of the chair she was sitting on...

"Actually, I think I know how to make that possible." She said slowly as a mischievous smile crept up to her face.

"How?" He asked her with a bemused expression on his face.

Olivia pulled him towards her as she whispered in his ear.

"Olivia, you are brilliant." He said with his eyes wide.

"Thanks, I try." She said with a shrug.

"Brilliant!" Scorpius beamed as Olivia's cheeks turned pink with flattery.