The rocky outcrop loomed before her. What's his plan? Why suddenly a duel? Her eyes narrowed. She knew it could be a trap, yet she didn't have much of a choice but to go.

As she reached the rocks, she felt the ground behind her shake and heard the roar as the two dragons charged, both unhindered by riders on their backs.

Together with their riders, both dragons had been equally matched. Now, without them, only the stronger would win.

Akira didn't look back as she picked her way through the rocks. She had her own battle before her. Just then she caught sight of the rider clad in black. He was some distance before her, walking at a comfortable pace. It looked almost as though he were going for a stroll, not to a fight to the death.

Akira continued to follow at a distance. Where's he going?

That was when she saw the small opening in a cluster of rocks. Haiden was heading right towards it. Realizing that Akira had spotted him, he turned and shot an evil grin at her before he stepped through the opening. His black clothes let him become one with the darkness and he seemed to be swallowed up completely by the cave.

Akira steadied her shaking hands as she herself reached the opening. Gulping, she reached for her sword. She unsheathed it in one smooth movement before she paused and peered past the dark entrance. Fear of the darkness clutched her for only a moment. However, the feeling disappeared in an instant.

Idiot, she couldn't help but think. I fought blindly for months, this will be nothing.

As she entered the cave, Akira took a tentative step to her right. She stretched out her arm to feel if there was anything in her way. Once she was sure the way before her was clear, she took another step.

The only light came from the entrance; it did little to light up the interior as it seemed to only sit around in one spot. The effect was such that the entrance itself was bright, blinding even, while everything else in the cave was blacker than the scales of Fury himself.

Akira made sure to move away from the opening. She wouldn't take the chance of that little bit of light giving away her position to her opponent. No sooner had she done so, than she felt a force collide with her back and sent her stumbling forwards.

"I see you," a voice said from somewhere behind her.

Akira whirled around but nothing but darkness greeted her. She wondered if what he had said was true. Can he really see me or was it a lucky hit? She thought the latter was more likely as she herself could not see anything but darkness.

On the verge of deciding that was being toyed with, Akira happened to glance down at her hand and immediately froze. She could see its outline.

It took her only a moment to realize that the white fabric she wore was to blame. It was glowing softly. She had never noticed that it did so before, however, she could only assume it was another thing it had been designed it to do. For the first time, she regretted wearing it; for it did nothing to help her blend into her surroundings as Haiden did with his dark clothes. While her enemy was completely hidden, Akira's entire body outline was clearly visible as it stood out in the dark surrounding.

He really can see me. Panic filled her and the calmness she had managed to collect disappeared. Her senses became clouded almost immediately. The darkness seemed to press in on her from all sides. Fear worked itself through her body as terror gripped her every limb.

Akira whirled, trying to distinguish where her opponent was. She felt like a sitting draglin. Her fingers tightened on her sword until she was sure her knuckles were white. She could feel herself growing stiff and was sure she reeked of fear.