Thirty-Two

My heart drops to my stomach as tears well up in my eyes. Harry doesn't seem to be pushing away at all and I find it sickening. I turn around and run to the nearest exit without making a scene. The air is cold and I shiver as I continue to run while taking my heels off. I find a bench around a corner and sit down letting the tears stream down my face. I feel completely betrayed and hurt as the scene replays in my head over and over again. I hear Scarlett and Harry arguing as the door opens where I left.

"Stay away from her! I can't believe you would do such a thing to her!" Scarlett yells with obvious frustration and hatred strung through her voice.

"Why can't you just listen? I was trying to push her away!" Harry defends himself just as angry.

"Oh it definitely looked that way, Harry! You weren't doing anything to stop her!" Scarlett fires back and I hear someone stumble. I assume this is Harry being shoved and I decide to tune it out as I continue to cry into my hands. Not long after, I feel a hand on my back and look up with fury assuming to see Harry but instead it's Scarlett and I pull her into a hug.

"Victoria, I know you don't want excuses but Harry wants to talk," she says quietly and gets up to walk back inside and I give a pleasing look as she nods firmly and I trust her to know that I should hear him out.

"Hi," Harry shuffles from around the corner and sits beside me on the bench looking down at the ground. I stay silent and wipe my eyes. Noticing that I'm not going to answer he continues, "Please just hear me out?"

"Fine," I say emotionlessly and feel his gaze as I keep my eyes down.

"She pushed me against the wall and she is actually extremely strong as I'm pretty sure you know considering she was the only girl wrestler on the team in high school." I think back to what Scarlett has said about her and remember this detail but keep silent anyways. "Victoria, please understand I wouldn't EVER do that to you. I love you and I wouldn't ever purposefully hurt you."

After going back and forth in my head, I lean into Harry and continue to cry. He doesn't move for a second in shock but quickly wraps his arms around me and holds me to him. I know he is telling the truth despite my doubts because I know how Andrea is. Once I finish crying, I lift my head from his chest and look up at him. "Let's go back in."

"Are you sure? That guy may try to steal you again," he chuckles trying to lighten the mood.

"Or that girl may try to steal you!" I join in as we laugh together before he stands and helps me up. "How do I look?"

"Beautiful," he smiles before giving me a quick kiss. I wipe my eyes once more before pulling out my phone to check my makeup which surprisingly hadn't changed much and what was taken off wasn't very noticeable. Harry takes my hand as we walk back in and see Scarlett look our way and see our intertwined hands which brings out a smile. I know that it may not be completely in my greatest interest to forgive him so easily but I know Andrea. Boy do I know Andrea and she is quite the girl and it doesn't surprise me. On top of that, I could tell Harry was genuinely upset and sorry. I also thought about Scarlett and I definitely don't want to ruin her day.

"Dinner will now be served, please take your seats!" Lucas says into the microphone as we all head to our seats. Harry and I go to the bridal party table and I sit by where Scarlett had planned on sitting.

The food comes out quickly and it's the best meal I have had in a while. It's steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans and since they are doctors they have the best of these and it's cooked perfectly. Scarlett and Lucas sit down soon after and our table has friendly chat of congratulations and Harry of course cracking out his cheesy jokes that make the tension lower. Although most people didn't notice, the bridal party most definitely did.

The dance floor started to slowly fill as people finished their dinners and Harry stood up and held a hand out to me, "Care to dance?"

"Of course," I smile and take his hand. He walks me to the floor with his hand on the small of my back to keep me close but this doesn't stop Xavier of course.

"Nice to see you again, love. I believe I need a dance to make up for the one you had to leave," he winks completely ignoring Harry. I feel Harry tighten his grip and pull me closer.

"I actually have a date," I say plainly and lean into Harry as Xavier finally acknowledges his existence.

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind one dance," Xavier turns back to me and holds a hand out. I look to Harry for support but see that he isn't planning on giving me up anytime soon.

"Actually I would," Harry finally butts in and pulls me along, leaving Xavier in the dust which definitely eases my mind.

"Thank you so much," I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding once we are out of earshot.

"Of course, I'm not quite comfortable with him considering I've seen him roaming his hands all over the girls he has danced with tonight," Harry says with a glare behind me which I chuckle at unintentionally. He looks down at me confused and I compose myself.

"Sorry, you are just cute when you're mad," I laugh quietly before leaning into him and enjoying the dance.