Thirty-One

As I walk down the aisle with Harry Edward Styles, I find myself smiling and being perfectly content with life. Although it sounds as though we are getting married, it's untrue. In reality, it's our best friends who have barely known each other for a month but we decide it's their life so who are we to interfere. I feel Harry pull me in a little closer to him and I have to deny myself the want to look over at him because today is about Scarlett and Lucas. It's insanely weird to think that she will soon be Scarlett Taylor. I rack my brain to think of how the time has escaped me, how she was just jumping through puddles in polka dot rain boots with me, how she used to run from the boys that tried to hug her on the playground, how she would avoid contact with people so we could study together. I guess there is no good explanation of how I got here and how it came so quickly but I'm extremely happy I still have my best friend by my side. As Harry and I walk separate ways to stand and wait for the bride, I sneak a peak at him and he sends a secret wink. The rest of the bridal party makes their way down the aisle quickly to make the process speedier.

All of the sudden, the all too familiar tune is being played and I turn my head to the doors and the stunning bride walking through them. I'm proud to say I did her hair myself and it doesn't look half bad. I had put it in a low bun with a variety of beautiful white flowers. I look to Lucas and see that his eyes are filled with tears but they haven't escaped. I guess there is a slight possibility that they could work out, despite my mind saying that it's extremely early to love someone as much as they claim. Pushing the thoughts away, I smile as I make eye contact with her and prepare for the long service I have to endure with this unearthly heels I despise.

Surprisingly enough, the time goes by a bit quicker than expected and everyone starts to file out and head to the much anticipated reception. Harry takes my hand in his and take his car to the reception. Besides the scattered compliments from Harry about my appearance, the ride is mostly singing random songs that are on some random radio station that has been put as a preset in Harry's car. We get to the reception later than most guests since they pushed their way through the crowd to get food and I don't blame them because I'm extremely enthusiastic about food myself.

I lose Harry as soon as we enter and I'm surrounded by my family. My parents, Josh, Tiffany, and Amber who pull me away from the door and to the only blank part of the wall there is for a family picture. Once we are finished, I notice Harry not too far off with Scarlett's cousin Andrea hanging on his shoulder as he is desperately searching the room and not listening to a word she says. Andrea is 21 and the biggest flirt I've met as well as a pretty big fan of him so I find myself laughing before swooping in to save the day. I attempt to walk until I am stopped in my tracks by the only person I've had anything close to a relationship with, Xavier Rees. In high school we had a 3 and a half month fling in which all he did was try to be physical and all I did was push him away. I liked him because he used to listen to what I said and we would have lots of fun when he wasn't attempting to get in my pants.

"Hello darling," he looks down at me with a smirk. He is dark because he was born in Hawaii and has shaggy brown hair that always looks super soft. He stands taller than me and I have to tilt my head up more than usual despite the heels I have on.

"Hi Xavier," I reply without much enthusiasm as I look away from his intense gaze. I try to look for Harry but my view is blocked.

I feel him out a hand around my waist as I'm pulled to the dance floor. I start to inwardly panic and frantically rack my brain on what I should do at this point. I think of a few options. One, push him away and get out but that would cause a scene. Two, kindly ask to leave but I don't want to seem rude. Or three, wait for Harry to come save me. I decide on choice two since I can't seem to find Harry anywhere.

"I've missed you, how have you been?" He pulls me closer so we are touching and I pull back but he is extremely strong.

"I have to go," I put a hand on his chest as an attempt to escape but my plan fails me. I frantically push at him and know that if this goes on much longer than option one may come back into the picture.

"Hey Victoria! I was wondering if I could get some help with my hair, I forgot to close the window on the way here!" I hear Scarlett say as she takes my hand and yanks me away while sending a glare towards Xavier. I am extremely grateful for her interference and I quickly walk away with her. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I just need to find Harry once we finish. Andrea is quite taken with him and he looked desperate to escape before I got trapped as well," I laugh to myself as we head towards the bathrooms. She chuckles with me until she stops dead in her tracks and gasps causing me to look in the direction she was facing. At the end of the hallway was something I didn't expect and definitely didn't prepare for, Harry and Andrea kissing against the wall by the bathroom.