Twenty-Three

I wake up to the birds quietly singing out of my window. I don't hear anyone up so I check the time, seeing that it's 7 in the morning. I pad over to the window and open it to check the temperature, which seems to be perfect for a jog. I quickly change into running shorts and a t-shirt, putting my hair in a messy ponytail. I used to jog every morning in college but I lost it when I was working and would rather sleep. Once I'm dressed, I quietly make my way to the front door and then realize I can't just leave so I write a note on a piece of paper saying where I was headed and then head out.

The breeze is amazing compared to the warmth under the covers. I let the cool air blow over my face, refreshing my brain. I grab my headphones and turn my music on. I start to jog and let myself remember what it feels like to jog; the wind blowing in your face, the ground letting you float before softly pulling you down before going up again, your legs feeling free like a wild horse running through a wide open field. I close my eyes and take in the feeling until I feel my foot catch on the hard cement. I fall forward and hit something hard that I wasn't expecting, a person. Strong arms surround me as I quickly look up and see Harry peering down at me.

He smiles as he pulls my headphones out softly, "Good morning, love."

I chuckle to myself and lean up to give his lips a quick kiss, "Good morning, thanks for saving me from an awfully hard fall."

He chuckles and brushes a few strands of hair that somehow escaped my ponytail from my eyes. He smiles and pulls me up to stand upright since I was still leaning on him. "My pleasure, what are you doing out is early?"

"I could ask you the same thing," I chuckle but decide to answer anyway, "I was in the mood for a quick jog."

"I usually run in the mornings when I'm home," Harry shrugs as I look down to see that he is wearing a white tank top that show his tattoos off fabulously, black gym shorts, and tennis shoes. I guess he really was going for a run. "How about I show you around Cheshire while we're out, it's quite beautiful." I nod and he grabs my hand as we continue to walk in the direction he was heading. We pass the house and head to town. The walk isn't extremely long and we stay quiet for the most part. We finally reach a field of flowers and Harry leads me out.

"This is beautiful!" I spot in a circle and close my eyes. The field leads out to a beach and I look around to take the beauty in before turning to Harry. He is looking at me with an adorable smile and I reach up and poke his dimple.

"Quit doing that!" He says and pokes my side. I quickly poke him back and run to keep him from winning. I sprint as fast as I can, feeling each flower brushing my legs. I hear him quick on my heels but I keep up my escape towards the beach. I laugh to myself as I run away, about to throw myself into the water, as if I'm going back to the time I ran from him into the water on the island. As my feet make contact with the sand, I loose my footing and fall on my stomach in a fit of laughter. I hear Harry stumble as he tries to stop and fall as well a few feet away. I quickly squirm to get up but he gets a hold of my ankle which results in me kicking sand in every direction.

"You got sand in my eye!" I hear Harry as he releases his grip and puts his hands over his eyes. I automatically feel awful and crawl over to him.

"Are you okay?" I ask worriedly and brush the hair from his face gently.

"Gotcha!" He yells while wrapping his arms around me and pulling me down on him.

"Harry! Why would you-" I'm cut off by him kissing me. He smiles when I kiss back and then breaks it by tickling me. I quickly retaliate and push at his chest without success. I eventually free myself and run yet again except this time away from the water since I don't want to get in. Before I can get away, Harry catches up and picks me up bridal style.

"Not so fast," he winks and and carries me towards the water.

"I don't want to go!" I yell while struggling and lightly hitting his chest.

"Too bad," he shrugs and carries me into the water. Once it's to his waist, he looks at me with a smirk.

"Don't. You. Dare." I glare and cling to him. He pries me off and throws me into the water. I land a few feet from him and swim to his legs as I pull him under, catching him by surprise. I stand up and break into laughter. Once he resurfaces, he turns to me with a playful smirk.

"Oh it's on." I quickly swim away and get to the beach before him by some miracle. I try to run but find myself quickly out of energy when I get halfway through the field. I fall and lay down on my back. Harry stops by me and looks down amused. "Tired?"

"Maybe a little," I chuckle and he puts a hand down to help me up.

"Let's head back before they get suspicious," I grab his hand and pull myself up. The walk back is full of joking, stumbling, and giggling. I find myself falling more for him each minute we're together. His smile, his hair, his eyes, his dimples, his kindness, his awful jokes, his kind gestures, just him. Totally and completely.