Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Chapter 8 - Meeting An Old Friend

ZACH's POV

Honestly, I wasn't expecting anything in return after that whole Samantha and the waitress scene. I could see it in her eyes that she somehow enjoyed my company. For a certified bookworm, she sure caught me off-guard.

She kissed me on the cheek. How interesting. I touched the side where she left me a kiss. I could still feel the warmth of her lips on my cheek and I couldn't forget that innocent look of surprise on her face. It was amazing how something that others would have considered as nothing more than a friendly gesture had made her react like that.

I wondered what her reaction would have been if it had been a real one.

Well, we'd get to that. Sooner or later, she was going to give in to my irresistible charm. I was looking forward to having her beg me to kiss her; I couldn't wait to find out the when and how of it. She'd be begging for these badass lips one way or another.

I had to admit though—Tori was really interesting. She's definitely not your typical girl. I mean, how could she not be bothered by the sight of her boyfriend flirting with someone else?

Although, in my defense, it wasn't really flirting, I was just playing along. Could she have ulterior motives for getting together with me?

If she was acting, then I would have nominated her for an Oscar. But something told me otherwise, that her words were from the heart, that she wasn't using me as some trophy boyfriend like the others.

I mean, for someone so smart, she wouldn't put herself in a position where she might humiliate herself and crush her pride in the process. Still, I needed to be cautious. After all, who knows? Anything could happen.

My phone rang as I was leaving. I wondered if it was Tori. Maybe I spoke too soon, and she already wanted some of the Z-love. I laughed at the idea. I frowned in disappointment when I saw a different name flashing on the screen.

"Who is this?" I asked, pretending I didn't already know.

"Za-cha-ry my man! What's with the attitude? It's James!" "Who? I don't know any James." I said, still playing him.

James Gregory, my best friend and heir to Gregory Global Corporation, one of the most successful investment companies in the industry. We were kind of like peas in a pod, sharing the same traits and interests, and of course, the same taste for women. We were like brothers, he and I. Or we had been. He'd left town and went to France years ago. This was the first time I've heard from him since then, though I've still kept his number.

"Quit fooling around! I'm back! Is this how you welcome your long-lost bro?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't have bros who leave for years and never keep in touch! Wrong number, pal!"

"Still the same buster as before!" He replied with a laugh. "Okay, grandpa, cut the crap and meet me at The Pub. We have a lot of catching up to do!"

"We'll see," I hung up, took the next U-turn, and headed for The Pub. It took me ten minutes to get there. "James Gregory," I said when I saw him. "Well, well! You got fat!"

"It's called muscles, genius," he shot back. "You got skinny!"

"Still a smartass, huh? Let's talk inside, wise guy." We went into the VIP lounge and ordered vodka.

"Ciroc? Man, it's good to be back!" James said.

"Just the way you like it!" I replied. "Anyway, what happened to you over there in escargot land? How come you went all French, ignoring my ass for years?"