Wattpad Original
There are 10 more free parts

Chapter 1 - The Playboy

(One day before the confession)

TORI's POV

"You look happy," I commented as I watched my best and only girl friend, Chloe, giggle over something she was reading on her iPhone.

We were seated at our usual table in the cafeteria of our school, which was often considered the most prestigious private school in New York City. It was very exclusive; only the rich and famous could afford to send their kids here. As was typical in all high schools, there was a social hierarchy here. Socialites, elites, low-key bullies, backstabbers, popular kids, you know, typical high school setting, like Gossip Girl, minus the drama.

At the center of this was Charlotte "Chloe" Loise, daughter of one of the most famous fashion designers in the world. She wasn't just an It Girl; she was the It Girl. Think Daisy Buchanan with long blonde hair transplanted into the present and made way hotter. It was no wonder every guy in our school wanted to date her, not to mention the models and celebrities who didn't even attend our school but who vied for her attention.

Chloe has been looking out for me since the last semester of ninth grade, when kids at school picked on me a lot because I was a gigantic nerd. She stood up for me, and we've been inseparable ever since. I owed her a lot. Since the first day she took my side, no one had dared to be mean to me. She taught me how to be strong, how to fight back when necessary, and even how to be a total hottie, even if I never quite got the hang of the scene. I preferred books over boys, and there was only one guy I could have a long conversation with.

What can I say? I was different, downright shy, and always hiding behind my books. I was a Miss Goody-Goody who obeys the rules, even when it comes to proper wearing of uniforms.

Well, all the girls in our school wear our uniforms in the most stylish ways. Most of them make the skirt shorter, replace the bow tie into a necktie and loosen the polo shirt. And of course they all copied this from Chloe.

Chloe was known as the trendsetter in our school, and the truth was that I was her opposite, even though everyone expected me to be like her. I wasn't that beautiful or charismatic or exciting like she was. The only thing we had in common is the fact that we were both rich. But Chloe was more than just my best friend. She was my sister in every way that counted, and I'd never felt jealous or envious of her. I'd long ago promised myself that I would do everything I could to make her happy.

"It's Greg," she told me with a smile. "We're going on a date."

Greg Tailer is the newest Burberry model and Chloe's boyfriend. They've been together for three weeks now. So far, she seemed really happy with him. I just hoped it wouldn't end like how her other relationships had. I really hated it when guys left her for no good reason.

"Well, you're always going on dates, right? Not to mention, skipping class with him all the time. I just don't understand the concept of skipping classes just to go on a date." I curiously asked.

"Love can make you do things you never thought was possible." She said with sparks in her eyes.

"Did you get that from a song? Come on, Chloe, students skip class for a lot of reasons but... love? Please." I finished with a laugh.

"Stop it, grumpy," she retorted. "If you would only do everything I've taught you, then love would be begging at your feet." She smirked. "Speaking of love, your prince is here." As I looked back, I saw Nathan coming our way. I felt myself blush and shushed Chloe.

Nathaniel Hemmington was the one guy I didn't feel awkward around. He came from a family of doctors. His parents were well respected in their fields, and his family owned a chain of hospitals worldwide.