Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Chapter 9 - The Confrontation

TORI's POV

Inside, I leaned against the wall of the elevator. So much had transpired in only a day! Zach showing up at my apartment, the Samantha thing, Nathan's confrontation, skipping class, the lunch date, did I miss anything?

As the elevator had gone up the floors, the silence had me thinking about something that I had missed.

After our date, Zach had taken me home.

Then it hit me.

I couldn't believe I'd kissed him! I was shocked—and horrified. It was kind of a big deal because I just kissed—initiated it, the guy I hated most. It was hard to accept that on my part. I hated the guy. He'd been making Chloe's life miserable! He must think I was trying too hard to be all flirty.

Wait.

I was reacting like I kissed him on the lips but as I recall, I swear I kissed him on the cheek. A friendly gesture was what I thought, but we're not exactly just friends, were we?

Thinking about it made my head hurt a lot. I shouldn't had gone out on that stupid date with him.

Hey, but you enjoyed it right? The inner me said.

Well, it was kinda fun, skipping class for the lunch date and stuff. For a major douchebag, he was pretty funny, quite the charmer too. Actually, he was kinda cute. I was trying hard not to smile at the thought of him. I knew I had to keep my head in the game. I was playing him to keep him away from Chloe and to protect her relationship with Greg.

Play the player, not the other way around. I reminded myself.

The elevator doors opened and I stepped out, looking forward to a hot bath to relax. When I got to my room, I was surprised to see Chloe waiting for me. I had been trying to avoid her the entire day.

"Finally!" She said when she caught sight of me, giving me one of those we-seriously-need-to- talk looks.

"C-Chloe! I-is everything alright?" I stammered. I wasn't ready for this, the confrontation!

"Shouldn't I be asking you those questions, Tori? You know the sole reason why I'm here. Stop asking and start explaining."

And talk we did. Of course, it was about Zach. It was understandable that my friends would be incredulous over my seeming (and sudden) change of heart.

"Look, I really want to talk to you about this but I-I just don't know where to start." I honestly said.

"Okay, let's start with why? Of all people, why Anderson?"

If only I could tell you the truth, Chloe. I despised him for thinking he could control your life. I hated his arrogance, pride, superiority complex, but still... "You know the answer to that question, Chloe. Everyone likes him." It was the truth anyway. Almost everyone wanted to be with him.

"And since when did you become an everybody? I believe you beg to differ. And how come you never mentioned this?" I think Chloe's been watching too much CSI. She's on to me.

"I'm still human, Chloe. I can't just turn off my feelings. I like Zach." For some odd reason, the way I said it wasn't forced unlike before, but I dismissed the idea and continued. "I did the right thing of confessing to him. Weren't you the one who told me to find the person I like and experience love? Why are you disapproving this?"

"I have nothing against you falling in love with someone, but look Tori, it's Zach! Don't act as if you don't know him. You know how he is with girls. What are you thinking? You're risking that once in a lifetime romance over a guy who doesn't know anything but to kiss and... wait a minute..." She looked at me shocked, her mouth slowly opening and pointing her finger at me.