(12) Let's Have a Little Chat

Dedicated to CrazyGirl56 because of our hot guy conversation :P :)

Chapter Twelve

Has there ever been a time in your life where all you want to do is run but you’re frozen in one spot? Not because of fear or anything but because you are litterly frozen? No. . .? Oh. I guess this type of thing only happens to me.

As the scream just barely sounds above a yell I feel my mouth slap shut and then the next thing I know, I'm standing in my doorway, my arms hanging limply by my sides. My mouth practically glued shut so all I can do is stare at the people in my room. I don’t recognize any of them; well except for the monstrous hulk of a guy that I can only write off as one of Isaac’s experiments, er; creations. I mean, come on. No one is that big and scary looking and plus, he has the same type of feel to him as X did.

Now I recognize the feeling of something being wrong. It was him, the creation. I get it now; he’s been moulded and changed so much that he’s no longer normal. He’s no longer himself, he’s something . . . diverse. Hence, creating the nauseous feeling in my stomach.

"Good job Bethany. The last vampire didn’t catch on quite that fast, but again; you’re not a normal vampire." Someone says with a British accent from the other side of my room which makes me jump; metaphorically speaking.

I turn my head from the big man beast in the corner and look across the room to see two people. One sitting on my bed; the other by my fixed window. Who fixed it? Kent?

Wait, did I just move my head? Maybe if I can move my head I can actually move. I try and come up short; I can’t even make my finger twitch. So I settle on just looking at them, coming to the conclusion that if they wanted to hurt me they would have already. My eyes take in the girl sitting on my bed. She can’t be much older than me, maybe twenty at most. She’s one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen, she makes Neffe look cute.

Her hair is fiery red and falls in a way that would take me hours to produce. Crimped and to her lower back. I think it’s her eyes that are most stunning though, deep emerald green with violet specks in them and they look like they are the type of eyes that assess every little piece of information before coming to a conclusion. She’s a short little thing though; can’t be over 5’3" but as my eyes continue to scan her I know that she’s got a lot of muscle packed into the tiny body.

Next my eyes float to the guy that had spoken earlier and I have the overwhelming urge that this is Stayton. There the same height and have the same coloured hair except this guys is a little bit lighter and shaggier and there’s a certain feel to this guy. Like "i’m-going-to-kill-you-so-you-better-not-resist" so, it can’t be Stayton, Stayton has more of a "you-annoy-me-but-I-have-to-stick-up-with-you" feel.

I can’t see the guys face, he’s turned towards the window. Most likely enjoying the beautiful scenery of dead trees but I can tell he has his arms crossed and his shoulders are stiff. I get the feeling that he’s almost never relaxed. Probably comes with killing people all the time.

"Who are you?" I attempt to ask but all that comes out is: "hmm mfm yuh" as my lips try to move around each other but not coming out with any success.

"You know you can’t talk right?" The girl sitting on the bed says with a smart-aleck look and a "duh" tone of voice. I narrow my eyes on her. Sure, maybe I can’t talk, but I can still glare.

"Chastice!" The man booms from the window and turns around, a solemn expression on his chiselled features. He looks like he just stepped off a modelling cover with his golden syrup eyes with violet specks in their depths also and a very nice chest area and like Chastice I know he works out. Okay, there is definitely something more than just kidnapping going on here or else I just stepped onto the island of hot people galore. And with his British accent this guy is high up on my hot list.