(6) Trapped

Chapter Six

"Why won’t she wake up?" A deep voice growls from somewhere in front of me.

"I don’t know!" Someone else shoots back, a girl.

"Well! Find out!" The first one hisses and suddenly I feel hands on the back of my head and I want to kick them and cuss them out but I can’t seem to move or talk. Nor can I open my eyes or mouth. When I swallow it tastes like dry chalk and I can feel my eyes darting around behind my eye lids.

A long, agitated sigh erupts from in front of me and I hear a seat belt clicking off and sliding up into the holder. "Don’t send a man to do a woman’s job." She says brusquely while getting up from her chair and walking back to me.

She crouches next to me and the warm hands are replaced by freezing cold ones and I feel my body flinch. A satisfied ‘hmp’ comes from the woman’s lips and her hands roam the back of my neck and I wonder what they are looking for then I remember the stinging on the back of my neck and make a gurgled sound.

"What’s wrong with her?" The guy says from the front, the growl never leaving his voice.

"Hold on a second!" The woman yells back and then I feel something wet on the back of my neck. The dang girl is licking me! Why is she licking me? We don’t know each other! Why doesn’t she go lick driver dude?

"Why are you licking me?" I scream and my eyes tear open to see three people are in the car with me and the girl is licking her lips. With a shaky hand I reach up and touch the back of my neck and when my hand comes away it is sticky with blood. My eyes widen and my breathing quickens as the wonderful smell reaches my flaring nostrils, I feel like a dog that wants some steak. I bring my fingers into my lips and suck on them, taking delight in the scrumptious blood but as I continue to watch the woman shake her head I slowly take my fingers out of my mouth and wrap them around my legs, still feeling a little lightheaded from whatever hit me, "why were you licking me?" I ask again.

Instead of answering the woman reaches inside her mouth with a pale hand and pulls something out and holds it out for me to see. It is black and looks like some sort of claw with a hole in the front, I reach out to touch it but the woman tsks and brings her hand back. "I wouldn’t touch it if I were you. Do you know what this is?"

I shake my head no and she holds it up into the light and looks at it affectingly. "This, my darling, is a pint of demon blood, which is highly poisonous, inside a very poisonous shell which is made of a werewolf’s claw."

"What kind of demon blood?" I ask, slightly in awe of the poison dart.

Her red lips twitch into a small smile and she twirls it between her fingers. "Litobora."

I play around with the word a bit. "Litobora? What kind of demon is that?"

Her smile becomes bigger and shows the starting of pointed teeth. "A very poisonous one that you don’t want to get on your bad side."

You talk like you know one?" I say, slightly confused. She just continues to play with the dart and I watch intently, waiting for her skin to burn off or something and look up at her as nothing happens and stare into her black pits that are an excuse for eyes. "Why didn’t the poison infect you?"

Her eyes narrow and she stands up. "Stop asking questions." She snaps and walks back to the front of the big black van, it’s like the kidnapper vans, and sits back in her chair and looks at the guy beside her that’s driving the van. "Three more hours?"

He nods once and his eyes flash to the gas gage then back at her and says in an agitated voice, "but we’ll have to stop for gas."

The woman groans and looks back at me and spits out, "what are we going to do with her, sir?"