The Maid of Honour & The Jerky Best Man {Chapter 6}

Soooooo sorry if I haven't been able to upload for awhile! I have assignments and exams on.. which I really hate but I need good grades so yeaa. That sucks alot. I had major writer's block; I kept writing drafts then deleting it or losing them o.O

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LO aka pinkdots21 © 2010

All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 6:

-At the engagement party-

It was 4.30 and Jenna was already panicking about the smallest of details like if the wine glasses should be all faced down or standing up right. It took us 3 hours to set up the house but Jenna kept worrying that the plates were the wrong colour or wrong design. I went back home to get changed. I got out of my sweats and took a quick shower and changed into a black mini dress and white heels and got my hair into a low side bun.

I headed over to Jenna's place and there were already a few people there. I went into the kitchen to help out and place the food on the tables in the main hallway. I was on my way back to the kitchen when I remembered Darren, he was upstairs with Shane. Mom wanted me to tell him that he had to fill out some forms for college. I ran upstairs and knocked on Shane's room. "Darren, you in there?" I asked. I opened the door to reveal a half naked Shane! OMFG, I quickly closed the door. "Urggh, sorry Shane, I thought Darren was in your room" I yelled as I leaned on the door. Where the hell is Darren?!

The door opened and I forgot I was leaning on it, my weight was all on the door and I fell backwards when the door opened. I was waiting for my butt to impact with the floor but it didn't. I had my eyes shut the whole time and I peaked through one eyes and saw Shane grinning. "Luckily, I caught you on time and Darren went back to your place" he chuckled. "Mmm. Could you put me up, you kinda holding me down.."

He pushed me back so I standing upright again. I fixed my dress and looked up Shane was still half naked but this time he had jeans. Gosh, I have to stop looking. "Urgh, I still gotta get dressed" Shane said. Stupid, stupid. "Umm, okay. I'll see you downstairs then" I said and walked down the hallway.

I heard big footsteps behind me. "Frankie?" Shane shouted. "Yea?" I replied as I turned around. "Um, acutally never mind.." he sighed. Weirdo. I walked back downstairs and noticed that there were a bunch of people already here. A couple of middle aged women and couple of people my age.

Jenna walked over to me and introduced me to the people who just arrived. "Frankie, this is Oliva, Sara, Theresa and Frida. Girl, this is Frankie" Jenna said, smiling at me. "Hi, it's nice to meet you" I smiled as i stuck my hand out to shake their hands then Jenna dragged me to the middle aged couples. "Tommy, Hilda. This is Frankie" she said. "Hi, it's nice to meet you all" I said as I waved bye to go to the kitchen.

I was staring down at the floor, when I bumped into someone. I looked up and apologized then I recognised the person I bumped into. "Brian?" I asked."Francesca. It's been awhile since I last saw you" he replied. "Yeah" I replied dryly. "How are you?" he said. "Fine" I spat. "Can you use at least more than one word?" he said. "I'm fine. Happy now? That was two words." I replied sarcastically. "Frankie, I'm sorry, I was stupid. I shouldn't have done that to you" he said. "It's in the past, it's already done" I said.

As I walked away, Brian grabbed my wrist. "Brian, let go" I said. "Frankie, listen to me" he said. "No. Let. Me. Go!" I growled. He still didn't let go, fricking hell! "Frankie, what's going on?" a voice said behind me. Shane. "BRIAN, LET GO!" I yelled. His hand let go my wrist. I walked to the kitchen with Shane following behind me.

'What the hell is Brian Knight doing at here? Brian Knight, my ex-boyfriend, deserves him right that Lisa broke up with him' I told to myself. Since I saw Brian, I was so pissed off. Bringing back all those horrid memories, reminding how stupid I was to believe that he 'loved' me. Screw love! But most of all screw Brian Knight!