Chapter 5

It had been a month since Makoto had came to Edo. Makoto found it easier to dress in Kinshiro's kimonos since they were bigger than his. Makoto looked at the body mirror and stood facing the other wall. He looked in back in the mirror.

Makoto placed a hand on his growing stomach. He smiled to himself as he gently rubbed it. His long blue hair had grown a little and was pulled back in a high ponytail with his bags in his face.

Makoto heard a chuckle from the door and looked over to see Kinshiro leaning on the door frame. Makoto tilted her head.

Kinshiro walked in and closed the door. He walked over and knelt down in front on Makoto. He lightly opened up his kimono. He placed his lips on it and kissed all over the growing baby bump. He was about four months along.

"I love you," Kinshiro told his lover.

"I love you too," Makoto said as he looked down at Kinshiro.

Kinshiro started kissing all over the baby bump. Makoto laughed a little as he did this. Kinshiro smiled when he heard the laughing. Kinshiro nuzzled the baby bump.

"And we love you too," Kinshiro told the baby that Makoto was carrying.

"You know, I can't believe that we haven't had that much trouble yet," Makoto said as he looked at the man in front of him.

Kinshiro nodded. "My father has been giving me a lot of trouble about it though. He told me that he did want me to settle down and have a family with a girl, but I ended up with a man."

"...do you regret ending up with me?" Makoto asked as he looked at him. His voice sounded sad, unlike his normal voice.

Kinshiro looked up at the blue haired man and frowned with what he saw. Makoto looked like he was about to cry.

Kinshiro quickly stood up and wrapped his arms around the man. He pulled the shorter guy to his chest and stroke his head. He pecked his hairline.

"No, Makoto," Kinshiro told him. "I don't regret a thing. I'll never regret anything that I do with you. I'll always love you, as well as our kid."

Makoto let out a small sob as he snuggled into the man. Kinshiro frowned as he watched. He let Makoto cry on him. After a few minutes, Makoto finally calmed down.

"Are you okay now?" Kinshiro asked as he ran his fingers through the ponytail. Makoto nodded with his head on Kinshiro's chest. "That's good."

Kinshiro sat down on the ground and pulled Makoto in his lap. He kept his arms around Makoto's waist with a hand on his stomach.

"There was a Dutch Merchant that mess with the Edo Vigilantes that left a while ago," Kinshiro told him. "His name is Willem, and he came back to Edo. We don't know, but we're keeping tabs on him."

"Willem...I he that was in Nagasaki too before. That's when we got Toru on our side again," Makoto said. "Maybe... that's why Toru is here."

Kinshiro nodded a little. He pecked Makoto's cheek. "Maybe," he said.

~~

In Nagasaki, Ukyo was reading something for his job. He slightly glared at the paper. He mumbled, "What? Smuggling in Edo?" He leaned back on the wall of his house. "The Edo Vigilantes will talk care of it, but what about Makoto?"

"What's going on?" Ukyo looked over at Eduard.

"Willem might be back in Edo. I'm afraid that he'll try to do something to Makoto if he finds out that he's pregnant, which he most likely will," Ukyo explained.

"How bad is the smuggling this time?" Eduard asked him.

"Gunpowder, drugs, medicine, guns, and a few other unknown things," Ukyo mumbled. "Pretty bad."

Eduard nodded a little as he listened. "Makoto can't fight, and he's an easy target now," he said.

(How is this so far? Do you like it? And do you have any ideas for it?)