Chapter 4

After a few days, Makoto was able to get to Edo with the others. They normally get to Edo from Nagasaki in two days, but the Edo Vigilantes agreed to go slower since they had an extra member who wasn't really in shape to travel.

At the moment, Kinshiro and Makoto were at the Magistrate's office in the South Ward. Kinshiro was doing some work that he had to catch up with. Makoto might or might not have made him start on the word. Makoto was laying down with his head in Kinshiro's lap, laying on his back. Kinshiro chuckled slightly and placed a hand on the baby bump.

"Hm?" Makoto hummed softly and looked up at him.

Kinshiro leaned down and pecked his lips before going back to work. It was clear he had something on his mind. Makoto lightly poked Kinshiro's cheek.

"What's on your mind?" Makoto asked as he put his arm down. It was resting on his belly now.

Kinshiro mumbled, "People will be mad when they learn. Not only because we're gay, but also because we're not married."

Makoto nodded slightly before sitting up. He leaned over and kissed his cheek. "They can just get over it," he said as he held one of Kinshiro's hands. "It's not their life. It's ours. I love you."

Kinshiro smiled as he listened to him. He tilted his head and pecked his lips. "I love you too," he said.

Makoto hummed softly as he leaned his head on his boyfriend's shoulder. "What gender do you want? Or wish for, anyway?"

Kinshiro wrapped an arm around Makoto's waist. "I think that a boy will be easier to raise since we're both male, but I want a girl more than a boy."

Makoto smiled a little and nodded slightly. "A girl sounds nice," he agreed as he subconscious placed a hand on his stomach. Kinshiro placed his hand on Makoto's.

~~~~~

Over the next few days, the Edo Vigilantes showed Makoto around the city. Kinshiro needed to get something, but he was busy with paperwork. Makoto agreed to go to the store in his place.

Makoto took a short cut through an alley way. He stopped when he saw a masked samurai also in the alley way. His eyes widened when he realized who it was. The samurai looked over and blinked, taking the mask off.

"Makoto?" The samurai asked.

"Toru, what are you doing here?" Makoto asked.

"I could be asking the same thing to you, brother," Toru said.(I have not read Toru's story. I'm still on Kagura so this will not be going with anything that happens in his story.)

After Toru tried to destroy Nagasaki, Makoto was able to get Toru to come back, but a few months ago, Toru had to go somewhere for something that he couldn't say.

Makoto pressed his lips together as he placed a hand on his stomach. Toru raised an eyebrow before realizing what was going on. He didn't say anything else about it.

"Undercover," Toru said before putting the mask on and left. They would talk again soo.

Makoto went on his way. He got the light package and started heading back when someone stopped him.

"Did Kin send you out to get something?" He turned to see Soji standing there.

Makoto nodded. "He said that he was busy with paperwork so he asked me to get something for him."

Soji nodded before Makoto saw the young brown haired, brown eyed boy with him. Soji noticed this and decided to introduce them.

"Ichika, this is the Magistrate's boyfriend who's visiting. Makoto, this is my assistant, Ichika," Soji explained.

"Boyfriend?" Ichika asked as he looked at Makoto. "So, um... what do you do?"

"I'm an artist," Makoto told the younger boy.

"And, where are you from?"

"Nagasaki."

"That's far away," Ichika said.

"Ichika, we need to get back to work," Soji said as he started to walk away from the two.

"Coming!" Ichika said as he started to run after the black haired man.

Makoto chuckled to himself as he turned and started walking again. He got there soon and went to the room where Kinshiro was.

"Back," Makoto said.

Kinshiro looked up with a pen in his hand. "Could you just put it in the corner?"

Makoto nodded and placed the light package down. He then sat down by Kinshiro.

"I ran into Soji and his assistant. Ichika seemed nice," Makoto told him.

Kinshiro hummed softly as he said, "He's a nice kid. Sometimes, he needs to be more serious...and calm down. He gets angry easily."

Makoto nodded. "I also learned that my brother is here undercover. He couldn't tell me anything else."

Kinshiro nodded a little before asking, "So, have they been active any today?"

"A few kicks, but they've mostly just been moving around without kicking," Makoto told him.

Kinshiro kissed his bed. "You sound tired. You can use my lap as a pillow if you need to."

Makoto let a small yawn and moved away a little. He then laid his head in his lover's lap. He laid on his back as he looked up at him. Kinshiro him and grabbed a light blanket that was near by. He put it over him and leaned down, kissing his forehead.

Kinshiro got back to working on his paperwork. Makoto yawned again. He turned to his side and snuggled into the green haired man. Kinshiro made sure that the blanket didn't fall and pulled it up a little. He lightly pat the baby bump before looking away and getting back to work. He's been getting a lot more work done with Makoto around.