.21.

"Luke, please, don't do that!"

"You can't stop me Ashton... I'm sorry..."

Ashton looked at the blond totally horrified. He wasn't going to do it, was he? He caught the eyes of the other teenager and he began to run. He was definitely going to do it. The curly haired boy had never been a real athlete but this time, he had to run as fast as he could. Unfortunately he wasn't fast enough and just one second later, he felt cold water flowing down his body, from his head to his feet.

"Lucas Robert Hemmings, you're a dead man!"

Luke started to laugh and god only knows how contagious it was. The older grabbed another bottle of water in their snack bag and started chasing the blond. He would have his revenge. Soon both of them were soaked and laughing out loud. People surrounding them were staring, judging them but the teenagers didn't care a bit. They were having so much fun! Nothing could break their moment. The younger kept running over Ashton and began tickling him once he was next to him. The curly haired boy was trying to get away from Luke but tripped and fell on the ground, the blond on top of him. Their laughs stopped instantly as their eyes found each other. Green orbs met blues. Ashton felt his heartbeat speeding and Luke felt like time had stopped passing by. The two young men forgot about everything. The younger leaned toward the Ashton. Their lips were just a few inches away when a balloon hit Luke's head making him fall next to Ashton. Both of them were red. They had almost kissed! The blond scratched his head where he had been hit as the other man closed his eyes trying to understand what had just happened. It was a bit too much for him right now.

"I... I have to go home. I forgot I had to babysit my siblings. Hum... yeah." As he stood up, the younger grabbed his wrist.

"Do you need a ride?"

"No thank you. See you at school."

Not another single word was exchanged and Ashton left, leaving a totally lost friend behind him. Luke was blaming himself. He shouldn't have done that. He wasn't even sure the older liked him and yet, at the first chance he got, he tried to kiss him. Stupid, stupid, stupid him.

****

Calum was walking back home. He had spent a good afternoon with the blue haired boy, he would definitely lie if he was saying otherwise, but the past year had been thrown back at his face and he couldn't stay. He couldn't stay when everything Michael had done to him was written on his skin. He couldn't stay knowing he had his own issues. He couldn't stay since Michael had seen everything and that it had broken their moment. The brunette felt like, for a few hours, they were living another reality. A reality where they were still friends, playing video games and laughing. That's what happened this afternoon. It was just like a dream. He should have known the dream would stop and he would wake up. And when he did wake up, being brought back to his reality was more violent than anything else. He couldn't stop himself from remembering Michael's face when he had seen it. He wasn't supposed to! It was meant to stay Calum's little secret! But he had been reckless, stupid, idiot, and he knew it. Now that Michael knew, Ashton and Luke would probably be informed too and they'll tell his mother and he would have to go back to his therapist, or worse, to that freaking mental hospital.

He felt tears pricking his eyes but the kiwi didn't wipe them away, he just let them run along his cheeks. The scene was playing in head over and over again, probably faster than it happened. Michael and he were playing video games and as surprising as it can be, he had won the game. So he had stood up and threw his arms in the air like he was exclaming of joy, not thinking that his sleeves would roll up, or that the other teenager would saw his wrist and the cuts on it. He remembered how Michael's face dropped. He remembered the older saying "Calum what... what have you done? Was it because of me?" He remembered the pale boy reaching for him but he had got out by the window. He couldn't stay.