.5.

On Saturday morning, Michael still wasn't feeling better. He was angry at himself for a lot of things: hurting Calum, missing Calum, caring about him, and the list could go on. He was angry at himself for having broken down when he heard the Maori boy playing their song. It wasn't supposed to affect him anymore. He was supposed to hate the brunette, it couldn't be otherwise. The pale boy got up and showered. Then he got quickly dressed with black skinny jeans, a Senses Fail black shirt – he loved this band so much – and his precious black Dr Martens. He looked at his guitar briefly and headed downstairs. He avoided his parents and exited the room, deciding on going to the mall to buy a new hair dye. He didn't know which colour he should dye his hair, but he needed something new, he was done with red, for now.

He looked at every colour that were in front of him and decided on a bright blue one. He grinned while imagining the result on him and went to pay. He gulped when he saw who the cashier was. Calum's sister. Mali – that was her name – didn't like him at all. She used to be really close of the pale boy, but began to hate him the day he had broken her little brother's heart. She glared at him, passed his article, and pulled out her hand, waiting for him to pay, not even mentioning how much he had to give her. He put a ten dollar billet on her hand, took his hair dye and walked away, not wanting to be near her any longer. On his walk back home, he saw that park. The one Calum and he spent all their time. Michael felt his heart sunk but he entered the park anyway and walk to their spot. He sat and just watched the little lake in front of him. He remembered when Calum pushed him in it, all dressed. He had, obviously held on to the tan boy's hand and the both of them had fallen in it. Their parents weren't really pleased about it, especially Michael's one, but he did care. He was 11 and all he wanted was having fun with his best friend.

He smiled at this memory and sighed. He had ruined everything. He had lost all his friends and it wasn't even his fault in the first place. He wasn't the one that had told all school about Calum's sexuality, nor the one putting the first hating and homophobic notes inside his lockers. However Michael was supposed to be the only one knowing. Calum never believed him when he said it wasn't him, never. So he went with it and began to do like everyone else, it was easier for him, best for his relation with his family and best for Calum who was crying every single time he was trying to tell him the truth. He became that popular guy, in the football team and he didn't even know how or why. He was one of the kings of his school and he hadn't done anything, except doing like everyone else and being Calum's ex-best friend.

"Why are you here?"

The voice was cold, rude but he couldn't be mad at Calum, he deserved it. He didn't let his emotions being readable and watch the brunette.

"Isn't it a public place?" he asked innocently.

"It is, like the rest of the park so why here, Michael?"

The kiwi had spat his name, but Michael tried not to pay attention at it. The red haired boy just shrugged not wanting to answer him for once. The look on Calum's face was full of hate and of hurt. He was about to walk away when the pale boy stopped him.

"This afternoon, at your place we're working on that stupid music project."

"I thought you didn't want to do it with me?" the tan boy was confused.

"I didn't, and I still don't, but Mr Rickman hasn't given me the choice."

Calum just nodded, and left. He didn't want to stay with his ex-best friend. He was kind of angry at Michael for being where he wanted to go. It used to be their place and he wasn't the one who had ruined everything they had, and that place was so peaceful, so full of memories. He wanted, he needed to go there from time to time, but today, Michael had ruined his moment of tranquility. Michael had ruined him, again. He also felt anxiety kicked in. There was no way the afternoon would go well, not after what Michael had said to their music teacher. He didn't want to play anywhere near the pale boy. Fortunately, he had one thing that was making him happy that day: his night at Ashton's house. He sent him a quick text message, wanting to be sure it was still okay and headed home.

When he arrived home, his parents weren't there, but his sister was. He didn't know how she would take the fact that Michael was coming over that afternoon. Calum waved at her, grabbed a bottle of water in the kitchen and joined her on the couch. Mali stared at him for a moment. He perfectly knew what she was doing. She was reading in him and even though he didn't really like that, he let her do so, because they always had that connection. Just by looking at the other one, they could tell if something was wrong. Neither of them had ever succeeded at hiding how they felt to the other one. There was no point at trying right now then. All of sudden she hugged him. Not a quick hug, but a real one.

"What's wrong? It's Michael, isn't it?"

Yes, sometimes it was a bit creepy how they could know stuff without the other one having been telling about it. Not every siblings have this precious link, and that's why they cherished it, even though sometimes, they hated it.

"He's coming over this afternoon to work on... a music project we have to do together."

"Will you be okay? I can ask mum to-"

"It'll be fine Mali, don't involve mum in all of this, please."

The older of the Hood children nodded and hugged her brother tighter. She knew him all too well. He could say he was fine a million times, it wasn't always the truth and at this moment, it wasn't.

Michael was dying his hair blue, finally. This is without a surprise that his whole bathroom had blue hair dye everywhere but hey, he was a teenager. You can't ask him to dye his hair without accidentally drop a little bit of hair dye everywhere! Once he was satisfied with himself, he left his house and rang the one just in front of his. Stress invading his whole body.

Hey everyone!!!!

Two chapters in two days, omg!!! I've been inspired lately so I'm writing a lot. It's not always good chapters (like the one just before this one) but I like this one. It's not my favorite, (my fave is chapther 3 for now) but as this one is talking about what happened between Cal and Mikey... it's one of the key chapter of the fiction and... yeah, i like it! Enough of me talking about how I like or not the chapters!

I'd like to give a special shoutout to @5sosba who is always the first one voting on GMM chapters!

All the love to everyone!!! And thank you a lot for reading!!
xx