.2.

As soon as Calum arrived in front of the classroom door, he tripped over something and fell right in front of Michael's feet. He immediately knew some shitty joke was coming.

"I've always known you're falling for me fag'!"

The pale boy said that loud enough for everyone in the corridor to hear it. He laughed, along with everybody, and waited for the younger's reaction.
Calum, on his side, was hurt by the comment even though it wasn't the hardest he had ever received. Yet, he didn't let his feeling be shown on his face and get up, being careful on not falling because of Micheal's friend's feet again.

"I'd never fall for you, dickhead."

His heart sank. He wished he could be able to be with the old Michael. The one he had met when he was two years old, not the jerk he'd been for a year. How did they end up here? Michael used to be the most protective and caring best friend... bet nothing stays the same. He knew the colourful haired boy wouldn't be really happy with what he had just said so he entered the music room without wasting a second, Ashton following him closely. He felt bad for his friend, he knew how much Calum was hurt.

Michael was boiling of anger but the teacher arrived and the bell rang; he couldn't do anything but calming down and entering the classroom as well. As soon as the class began, Mr Rickman, the music teacher, announced something students weren't happy about.

"Alright guys! I want you to do a group project. You can all stop talking right now because I am the one choosing your partner!" Every teenager grumbled, clearly annoyed. "You'll have to write or cover a song representing your friendship or anything you and your partner have together, get it?"

The tan boy laughed quietly. It reminded him of a fiction he had read recently. And if it was really a fiction, my partner would be Michael. He laughed even more at his thought. His smile, however, quickly faded when he heard Mr Rickman saying his name.

"Calum Hood with Michael Clifford."

"There's no chance I work with him!"

"You will, Mr. Clifford." he smiled evily before adding. "And I can tell your choice of song will be very very interesting for sure."

Calum felt his heart dropped. It wasn't a fucking book or movie, it was reality! So how could it still be happening? Michael was making his life a pure nightmare! Studying with the pale boy was just not even an option. He would have done everything and anything to escape having to do that. He sighed knowing it wasn't going to be fun. Actually it was going to be Hell.
Mr Rickman, kept explaing things about the project but neither of the two boys were listening. Michael didn't because he simply never did anyway. As for the younger, he was just lost in his thoughts.

Ashton, even though he was happy to work with the new kid in town named Luke Hemmings, was looking worriedly at his best friend. This project could fix everything for the tan boy just as it could destroy him even further.

At the end of the period, Calum just wanted to go home. He wasn't in the mood to talk about the project with Michael — who was trying to negociate to switch partners with someone — nor going to biology. As he walk towards the door, he heard a little bit of Michael's argument to change partner. Although it was just two sentences, he wished he hadn't, because what he heard put him in so much pain.

"He sucks at singing and can't play any instrument properly. Trust me if you hear him trying to play the guitar or the bass for exemple, you'll loose your ears! I always have good marks in music, that's the only subject I'm good at, and working with a talentless prick will just make me have bad grades here too."

The tan boy didn't even wait for Mr Rickman's answer. He stormed out of the room, ignoring his best friend who was kindly waiting for him and headed towards the exit of school. He was done for today. He needed to get home, now. So, for the first time ever, Calum was ditching school, but he didn't care right now. He certainly will, later, just at the same time he'll feel bad about ignoring Ashton.

In less than fifteen minutes the kiwi boy was standing in front of his house whereas he would have usually take twenty five minutes to get there. He didn't see his parents car, which he was glad for because he didn't feel like talking or dealing with them. He just wanted to be alone. The brunette enter the house as fast as he could and as soon he closed the front door, he broke down. He was just a sobbing mess. What Michael had just said really did tear him apart. The young man had always been insecure about himself but not once had he been about his music skills. Not once... until today. He walked to his room and throw himself on his bed, just taking off his shoes before putting the covers upon him. He really wished he could disappear. Calum cried like this for how god knows long, ignoring his phone buzzing every five minutes.

At the end of last period, Ashton was searching for Michael and when he did find him, he lost all control. The colourfull haired boy was shocked when he was pinned to the lockers by a furious looking Ashton. Actually, everybody seeing the scene was shocked. Ashton himself was shocked, but he didn't give a damn.

"What did you fucking tell him?"

"Who?"

"Don't play dumb to me, Clifford!"

"I didn't told him anything." The smirked on his mouth was all the blond needed to loose it entirely and punch him in the jaw. Michael fell on the floor, not because he wasn't strong or anything, but Ashton playing the drum, he was way more muscular than the pale boy.

"You're always making fun of him because his gay but why Michael? What's the matter about that? You were his friend. So what does it change? Are you jealous of the fact he can be openely gay while you, with your family..."

The blond let his sentence in supense and walked away. He was 99% sure of the answer and didn't want to be there when it would hit Michael.

Hey guys!!
Thank you so much for reading this!
What do you think of it? Do you like it?
What do you want for next chapter?
If you want, you can follow me on twitter @ liviingfree

All the love to everyone!
Xx