.1.

The brunette was once again staring at the pale boy in front of him. He wished he could talk to him so badly, but he would never do so, not anymore. They used to be so closed, never spending more than one hour without the other one, but it was before. Before everything changed. Before Michael stopped talking to Calum because of this stupid thing. Since that day, nothing was the same. Mikey, like Calum used to call him, was now part of the football team. He was one of these arrogant popular boy, probably the biggest of their school.

The tan boy on the other hand, had only one friend, Ashton. Both of them were not really liked by everyone, it was most likely the total opposite. They were the kind of guys that knew how and when to have fun but also how and when to be serious: two A students during the week but having lots of fun during the weekends, sometimes ending up being drunk but not surrounding of people in these moments to seem 'cool'. That's why people at school were seeing them for their good grades and not for who they really were.

Calum often wondered what he could have done to have the colour haired boy by his side now, but each time he ended up sighing, because he couldn't have done anything to make him stay. He wished things would have worked differently, but deep down he knew it would have ended this way anyway. In a family like the Clifford, Michael's reaction seemed natural.

"Cal' are you even listening to me?" Asked the blond by his side.

"Sorry, what? Of course I- hum..."

"Hey, you're alright bud'?"

The brunette sigh again. It was becoming an habit these days. Not that he really controlled it, he just felt really hopeless sometimes. The shadow of a smile came to his face but then disappeared. He knew he didn't need lying with his best friend. Ashton would see right through him no matter what.

"I just- I miss him, okay? I know it's been a year and that I should have moved on but..."

"But what he did and said to you wasn't things he should have. Your friendship was indescriptible and it ended in the worst way possible. You trusted him, and... he betrayed you."

The curly haired boy give his friend a reassuring smile while Calum let out a big breath he didn't even know he was holding. Hearing that, even more than a year after was hard. He felt his throat tightened and when he looked at his lunch, he decided he needed to get out of the cafeteria, not feeling hungry anymore.

"Shall we head to music class?"

Ashton only nodded, throwing his empty canette in the trash, Calum doing the exact same thing, with his entire lunch. They went to their lockers first, where the kiwi boy found a not so friendly note. He just crumpled to sheet of paper furioulsy and throw it on the floor. He sighed, once again, and took his books for next period, which was also his favourite: music. He had always loved music. He knew how to play the bass and the guitar and was just so in love with it. It was his gateaway. People could have thought that he'd have stopped playing the guitar after what happened with Michael, because the pale boy was the one teaching Calum the basic of the 6 strings instrument, but he didn't. Somehow the idea never even crossed his mind. Was it because he felt closer to Michael when he missed him? Or was it because it was the only way he found to tell the world how he felt? Certainly a little bit of both.

"What do you do this weekend?"

"I've nothing planned so far. Wanna come over on Saturday night? With horror movies, beers and pizzas?"

"Great, I hoped you'd answer me something like that!" chuckled the brunette. "I'll come with some popcorns too!"

Ashton disn't really liked horror movies because of the simple fact that... well, he was way too scared and often ended up crying but Calum loved them and — being the nice friend he was — when the tan boy wasn't feeling at his best on a Friday, the blond always offered horror movies night to cheer him up.

They walked to the front of their music classroom where Michael surprinsingly already was. He was the kind of always being late, liking pissing off teachers and being noticed as soon as he took a step in the class. He shouldn't be there already. This is exactly why the tan boy instantly tense when he saw him. He knew something was wrong.

And boy, he was so right.

Hey guyyyyys!
Thank you so much for reading this chapter! I really hope you like it!
Let me know what you think,
What you'd like for next chapters etc...
All the love!
Xx