Chapter 10

Weird I thought--- I go inside my house getting changed. I pull on a yellow half shirt and capris that were also yellow stains on the legs of them. They were my lucky capris; I loved wearing them for training and etc. After training Carmen drove me home on her motorcycle.

  I go into the empty house. Neither of my parents was home yet. I get into the shower washing off all the sweat and grime, dressing a few cuts that are scattered on my stomach and legs. I wince when I place the bandages on to them. I head into my bedroom falling face first into the bed passing out.

  My alarm clock wakes me up in the morning. I growl at it as I turned it off. I get changed for school into some lazy clothes. Shorts and a simple t-shirt, yawning loudly I make my way to the kitchen to eat breakfast. I pour a glass of orange juice. I brush a wrist up to my eyes to rub the crusts from my eyes, standing back up to get my school stuff ready. Finishing last bit of homework, before, I am rushing out the door to the granny mobile. Mom drops me off at school, I feel the eyes of my fellow students watching me sorry, as if something big is going to happen.

   I walk inside the triple doors to my friends. They seemed to be in a heated discussion. I barely make any of it out. I know it had something to do with me, but what it was about, was anyone’s guess. I yawned again behind my best friend startling him. He looked guilty of something making me quirk a brow.

 “What is got everyone staring at me today?” I yawned softly

“It’s about Tory; she’s been telling everyone that you accepted a challenge to fight her.” They all said at the same time.

  “Say what?!” I yelped “I did no such thing!”

 “Well either you are going to fight her after school or she’s going to attack you.” the face palmed

  “Well! I still refuse to fight on any grounds. Carmen always told me not to flaunt strength.” I growled darkly.

   They all seemed to shiver at my tone of voice I used, or it could have been the fact Tory appeared behind me gripping my shoulders really tightly.

“You better not chicken out of this, or else I will make your life a living hale” She growled into my ear.

  A dark growl rippled through my chest, as, I broke from her strong grip stomping away with a fury to be messed with. I slam my stuff down into my seat beside me, crossing my arms in front of my chest, I huff loudly. My classmates are a little startled at my sudden swing of anger. I unzip my backpack carefully and pull out my laptop.

   The familiar announcements played. I had a lot of messages from concerned friends and people I didn’t know messaging me from my email or fb from my phone. I look at the notes carefully before reading the messages. I roll my eyes, I don’t want any part of this little skirmish. I am not showing off how much stronger I’ve gotten underneath Carmen.

   My next period class, I sit beside Chance. Her golden blond hair curls around her face. She looks at me concerned.

  “So are you going to?” She states the question

  “No, I am not; I don’t know why she thinks she can provoke me but she can’t.” I utter narrowing my eyes, just when Tory enters the room.

   I look away from her talking to Chance again. All the boys in this class have already tried to hook up with her. I giggled every time she said nothing back, but one day I got really annoyed by it and snapped, growling at the new kid who had asked her out.

‘Dude give up she’s already taken by Yuri, plus they have a kid.’

   The look on all the guys’ faces was priceless, she even laughed herself. Her laughter sounded really pretty. That day but today she’s growling at Tory as Tory inched closer to our table. The glare could kill the one she was sending to Tory. The pressure of tension could be felt in the air it was thick and heavy. Thick enough you could cut it with a butter knife. When the teacher got things calmed down we all went back to our school work. I could still feel Tory glaring daggers at my back mall day.

   After lunch things got a little out of hand, the whispering about what would surely happen after school became a roar. Names were confused, but one that stayed the same was Tory was going to fight someone. Teachers seemed to be a little on the alert side though after hearing the gossip of the day. I still refused to take her bait; she taunted me during the last period of the school day. I put backpack on and headed out of class like everyone else. Today people seemed to make a bubble of space around me wherever I walked. They would keep a good distance away from me. I frown slightly now knowing I couldn’t avoid her using the crowd of people. I make it to my friends meeting place, I set down my backpack chatting with my friends.

   All of a sudden there was a blur or movement my eyes caught.

The blurred figure was making their way towards me. I jumped away from my friends onto the bench just as Tory had slammed her foot down just where I had been. She’s slightly surprised; I’m peeling out of my jacket knowing it’ll get in the way. I throw it down by my backpack. I watch her carefully for her next move. Praying that the teacher or Carmen would come over stepping in before she could attack towards me.

  She comes at me again throwing a punch this time, I dodge just narrowly. I grabbed her wrist tightly spinning her body weight against herself making her fall over. But she had seen what I was aiming to do and pushed me down instead. I quickly jumped back up before she could try to hit me again. Carmen yelled at me to defend my ground. I was so terrified in general, I didn’t know if I would get in trouble with the school at the present moment.

   Right now all I was doing was preventing her from getting a good solid hit on me. But my training mode was about ready to switch into gear. I place my feet on stable ground, where the balls of my feet were where all my weight was. I twisted my body into the air landing behind her just by a fraction of a second. I spin around roundhouse kicked her in the back. But she had disappeared before the hit could make its mark.

  Then she was above me landing a square blow to my ribcage. I could feel a rib snap and move around at the amount of force. I grabbed her foot into my hands and swung my own foot using her own momentum to power my kick, as it hit her squarely on the shoulder. It made her move a few paces away from me. I had had enough I didn’t want to fight at all. I was confused when she utterly disappeared for two whole seconds. But then she reappeared with a knife. I was now dodging an insane woman who was hale bent on killing me how ever she could.

   Chance came into the fight right as my arm had been gashed open.

She held Tory up by her arm snapping it easily in her grip. Tory cried out loudly dropping her knife on the ground. I was applying lots of pressure to my bleeding arm. My friends rush to help me; I don’t even glance at my bleeding arm. Chance had tossed Tory as if she were a rag doll to the side cursing at her picking up her knife she had used launching it away from the school. It embedded itself into a tree branch all the way down to the hilt of the knife, at least 50 yards away.

  I stare forward not daring to look, or I would look straight down where a small pool had puddled beneath my hand. Carmen appears in front of me ripping my long sleeved shirt off, using it to wipe the blood away from my arm. This was the first time I noticed none of the teachers had even come over to investigate what had happened. I looked around, but my eyes return to my friend Carmen, and John who were bickering at the cut. I finally look down to see how deep the cut is. I bit my lip as it was still oozing blood but much slower I guess. It was three inches long and an inch deep. It would definitely need stitches.

  “Sam, can you still feel your arm?” Carmen asked

  “Yeah,” I frown

 “Good I’m going to put a temporary wrap onto your arm until we can reach my place and then I can cleanse it and fix it up.” She smiles faintly.

  “Hopefully it won’t leave a scar.”

  “I promise I won’t let such scum mar your body with such a hideous scar.” She laughed kindly.

  “Thanks.” I smile back

  My friends grabbed my backpack for me already putting it in Carmen’s car. Carmen ripped the other long sleeve off and tied it around my cut tightly. I almost cried out loudly biting my tongue, before, my scream could pass my lips. I could taste a metallic liquid in my mouth. Knowing I had made my mouth bleed. I mentally cursed for causing so much trouble for my friends. I was still too weak to defend myself properly.