Chapter 9

I went into my bedroom getting changed for bed. My dreams were haunted with nightmares. I awoke after the worst one, glancing at the alarm clock. It was five in the morning; I couldn’t bring myself to fall back asleep. I got ready for the school day. Left for school early, I felt lonely all alone even though I was surrounded by my friends.

  I was really paranoid too, I felt extra on my toes with every breath. I should when Demont isn’t here to look out for me. From Tory was lurking in the shadows waiting like the predator she is to launch a deadly attack at me. Carmen was always glancing behind me when I changed classes. I knew who she was looking for in the crowd, but, if I asked her she would deny it.

  When my last period came around Tory plopped down where

Demont usually sat. I had to fight back a growl that was willing to intimidate. I already knew my place, and hers was way higher than my fighting skills or level by a long run. I didn’t look up to meet her eyes, she started to chuckle.

“At least you know your place is at the bottom of the food chain, but why are you dating the top food chain?” She growled deadly into my ear.

“Maybe because, my boyfriend told me to not talk, speak, or react to anything you do?” I smiled back.

  “Tsk,” She growled

   She sent a deadly glare my way till the end of class, as the chaos of end of the day started she shoved me into the ground. My stuff spewing out from my hands, I cling to my laptop to my stomach turning over to my back before it can be broken. I do not want to break a school laptop, especially one I’ve had sense freshman year. Plus I’d have to pay and arm and leg for repairs. I get back on my feet putting the stuff back into my backpack. I sigh pulling my backpack onto my shoulders. I hurry out of the empty school. Everyone was clustered outside like usual.

  I push my way towards my friends; I set my backpack down with a loud thud. I sigh loudly getting glances from my friends of concern.

 “What is wrong?” Caleb asked.

 “That Tory girl shoved me into the ground while I was leaving the classroom. I had been putting in my laptop into my backpack.

Thankfully my laptops okay, but, I’ll have a bruise on my hip.” I sighed

 “That’s not cool.” My friends frowned

  “Meh, I not bothered by her hatred of me. I just hope it doesn’t turn really violent... I’m not sure if I can hold my own against someone like her.”

 “Sam, you couldn’t hold your own against anyone. Remember you can’t even do a push up? Or the fact you have pencil arms.” Tasha laughed.

 “Don’t worry she won’t come over while we're here.” another one of my friends smiled

  I nod my head pulling my backpack back on to my shoulders. I looked around paranoid like usual. I shift around on my feet feeling like something was surely going to happen. But nothing did, the bus came around and I got on peacefully. Leaving the high school, then I’m heading towards home. Each step I take closer to my house feels like

I’m being watched. I look behind me seeing a familiar face. It was one of the new transfers that came with Tory. This was the really tall one; he was looked a bit surprised when he noticed I could already sense him. He came jogging up to me I watched him carefully. My defenses were raised as he faced me. He opened his mouth to speak.

“I think that I should warn you about Tory... she will hurt you, if you don’t break up with Demont. I’ve seen her do it before, which means she has no problems doing it again.” He narrowed his eyes to slits.

“I’m pretty confident on being able to stand my own ground.

Now if you excuse me I must go change so I can train.” I growled.

“Sure, just be warned, we can’t control Tory.” He nods before jumping really high into the air and disappearing.