Changes within One's Life

Just another normal day of summer, where the wind blows softly at tendrils of my hair, brushing my cheeks tenderly. Gentle tugging at the leash in my hand, tells me that my dog, Buck, wants to move forward on our walk. I let him lead me to another patch of grass which he sniffs thoroughly. The day is warm the sun peeks out of the dense clouds ever so often making patches of light dance across us. One of my favorite bands comes from my cell phones play-list. I can't help myself as I getting lost in the music making the song mine. My eyes closed my body moving to the beat of the song. Everything around me is lost to the beat of the song. My loyal dog leads me around like a silly little puppet too lost to care what was going on... Until he managed to make us stumble into a group of people. Two females one male, though one of the females looked related to the male like a twin possibly. I quickly pull the headphones out of my ears and my cheeks fill with color.

“I am deeply sorry if I have disturbed you.” I blushed curtsying a little

“Disturb us all you like, you have an amazing voice.” One of the women smirks slightly

“Thank you,” I stuttered

“In fact we are looking for a lead singer to our band and you have the perfect voice for this

task.” The other woman commented smiling brightly towards me

“Um well I’m very shy when I'm singing in front of people I know. Sure I used to be in a

choir but that turned out to be a joke so I dropped that class.” I added sadly

“Oh that is okay, we have a vocal trainer that is really good at teaching people self esteem

while performing to sing as powerful as a choir but as a soloist.” The young man

commented.

I looked in between these new people, I have never seen them one day of my entire life of living in this small god forsaken town. I don’t even know how to respond now, I even wish I had just said sorry and moved on but I'm not that smart in some ways sadly.  I even pause wondering if I could trust these strangers, thankfully Buck has lost interest in them after he received no attention from them, and has proceeded to lead me elsewhere.

“I’m in high school this will be my senior year. So I’ve got to go now my dog still needs to

finish his walk. And then I’ve got to get ready for the school year.”

“Okay, we’ll see you in school then.” They called

I walk quickly back up the hill towards home, my dog exhausted from his walk slowly plodded onward towards home. I think about many things, about the strange three people I met today, about the exchange student that would be moving into our house soon, and I wonder how life would be during swim season if the exchange student agreed to join. But there was still a week till school would begin. When my brain finally catches up to where I am running to, my legs are burning furiously with lack of use.