chapter 8

So Monday, Demont drives us to school like any morning. And we end up parking beside a car that looks identical to his. I am shocked beyond belief that now there were two more cars that were identical to such a futuristic vehicle, except this one had a streak of neon yellow instead of green. I look up to Demont; he seems unfazed by the new cars. I step outside the car feeling exposed; my paranoid senses were kicking it in gear. I quickly look behind me to watch familiar eyes sending me the deadliest glare. If glares could kill I’d been dead long ago.

   I shiver and my body continues to shiver under her deadly eyes.

That watch every breath I take calculating the right moment to strike me down. Demont steps in between us. He grips my shoulders tightly bringing my eyes to his concerned ones. He bends down quickly to peck my lips gently, and whispers to me not to even look at her. But, she was like a jewel that once it captures you she could kill you if you stared at it her for too long.

   Demont gets our school bag from the back seat of the car. He then pushes me inside the building. I glance around the commons trying to locate my friends. I sneak up behind one of them; point my index finger as if it were a weapon. Soon I’m standing right behind my friend, and poke the back of his neck, and then dodge the slap that follows. I giggle and he calls me an evil person for waking him up. I sit down across from him. Demont wraps his arm around my waist pulling me into his lap. My friend always tends to narrow his eyes at this. But, he sighs and pushes it aside every day. We talk about the latest games, upcoming SATS tests, or finals. We talk for a long time until we are disturbed by unwelcome guests.

   The kind that is deadly when you stare at them too long. She sits down by my friend. He blushes the darkest shade I’ve ever seen.

That is if Spaak could ever blush. He looks almost identical to Spaak from star-trek. All he would have to do is add the pointed ears and then he’s set. Plus he is the smartest kid in school so he also has that going for him. I have never seen him blush ever! EVER! He couldn’t even find words to make for this intrusion. When the kid is usually as straight forward with everything.

  Demont stands up and grabs my hand tightly, he tugs me away from the scene. He pulls me into our first class. I’m still shocked that I seen my best friend blush like a school girl. That I jump the next time someone utters my name. I jumped back a good five feet from the direction of the name had come from. I quickly turn my eyes towards the noise maker. It was Demont, he looked really disquieted, I get into my normal seat still thinking deeply about how I would react to that woman.

  “Sam? Are you okay love?” he queried

   “Oh, I’m fine; I’m just stunned and lost in my thoughts.” I stutter

“Don’t worry about Tory that’s something I need to worry about not you. I don’t want you to cross her path.” He smiled faintly.

 “Okay,” I sighed

~TIME SKIP~

   A few weeks have past, and I’m progressing really well with my singing and with my self-defense. I was surprising myself with my suddenly new reflexes. They were lightning fast, and I’ve almost thrown my friend John over my shoulder when he poked me in my neck. Thankfully I paused just long enough to even look at my foe.

  I would goof off around with my friends a little at times and they would with me. Demont would curl his arm around my waist every day in whatever class we were in to comfort me, when I had started to feel uneasy. About the girl with deadly eyes, her eyes are scheming up a way of disposing me every second of the day. I could tell by the way I’d glance at her, and she would smirk evilly every-time we made eye contact. Demont would catch my attention quickly pecking me cheek quickly snatching my eyes away from trouble.

   At lunch I would sometimes sit on his lap while he played magic with my other friends. He was a newbie, but he was catching on really quickly. Even tried to get me into playing the card game. But I past it down many times. I didn’t feel like it would be a skill I would need in the present future. I cozied up into his large chest sometimes getting lost in the rhythm of his heartbeat before the bell. I could not wait for swim season to start at all. I was counting down the days till it would start. Carmen said that she was going to be on the team, plus, her brother. Also meant that the ones, who are going to use that Park our Gym, would also need to be in a sport. Two of my friends will be on the swim team, and my wonderful boyfriend.

   After school, Carmen told me about not having practice tonight, so, I was free to go do school work. So when we got home Demont and I were alone in the house for a few hours until my parents would get home. I went upstairs with him as he set his school bags down and plopped in the papasan chair, patting the small space beside him. I smiled sitting down directly on his lap instead. I felt him chuckle lightly. He had one hand resting on my back holding me up. The other was messing with something on his cellphone. He set the cell phone down after a few minutes. Looking at me closely before leaning back into the chair. I almost fell asleep listening to his heart beat again.

  The steady rhythm was so hypnotic to me; I snuggled closer to his chest. I heard him whisper my name softly.

 “Sami, I really like you a lot,” He sighed

 “I do to, James.” I reach up to kiss his soft lips. I felt him smirk in the gentle kiss, he quickly brought his hand up, deepening the kiss. His hand grabbed at my hair gently, as his lips pressed a little harder against mine. My hands wrap around his shoulders, the kiss is broken, breathless looking into each other’s eyes.

I felt so close to him, I felt like if I had ever really lost him. I’d lose so much of myself, parts that would never heal. I trace my fingers against his cheek, brushing his hair away from his sterling blue eyes.

They were as warm as the sun, but I had seen them as cold as steel.

   We stayed like that staring at each other before we kissed again. This time for much longer. I growled softly, as he gently bit at my lip, I opened my mouth a little. His tongue slid in, a deep blush covered my cheeks as the kiss went onto a whole different level. Our tongues fought for dominance, which, I happily gave to him. He pulls away from the kiss holding me so very close to his body. I had my eyes closed, while we had been kissing, they were still closed. When he planted another kiss on my forehead. He held me in his arms, where, I finally opened my eyes to look up at him.

   He looked distant for a moment, those steel cold eyes appeared when he read a message on his cellphone. I felt him tense up slightly too. I pretended I didn’t see him react by closing my eyes again. Waiting for him to relax again before opening them. When I opened my eyes again he was looking at me warmly. I reached up to place a hand onto his cheek softly. I rubbed my thumb against his cheek, he placed a hand over mine, and his eyes sadden.

 “Something’s come up, I’ll be gone for a week.... Do you think you can manage?” He says softly

“Why must you go?” I asked

“My father has to speak to me about something, I can’t tell you, I would be putting you in danger if I told you anymore.”

He sighs

“Okay love--- just makes sure that my parents get a brief summary. So we can cover you.” I peck his cheek softly.

“Okay, I have to leave late tonight to get there on time. Can I kiss you one more time before, I have to pack?” He smiled briefly.

“Of course,” I smiled

We were standing up now; He hovered over me holding my chin up. I looked up into his eyes closing my eyes just as our lips connect with each other. I quickly let him taste my mouth; the swirl of emotions swirling in me became one big massive cloud. He pulled me closer to him for a brief moment before letting me go. I slowly opened my eyes, he had already disappeared down the stairs to inform one of my parents his situation.

    I slowly make my way down the stairs, passing the large dogs who are in just as a dither as Demont is. Luna barks at Midnight-star to stay put while, Luna and Demont jump into the car. I wave good bye as he looks back at me frowning slightly. Midnight-star whimpered softly as they became a speck in the distance. I felt cold as I re-entered the house.