Chapter 22 - Celebration and The Letter

Once we arrived back at Riveredge, screams of joy and excitement rang throughout the castle. Aunt Holly appeared after the joyous cheers got to her.

“Calia! You’re okay!” My aunt exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around me tightly. I hugged her back, and even if she was Queen, she was still an awesome aunt. She noticed the stranger behind me, and her eyes widened with excitement and shock. “D-Du-Dulvok?!” Aunt Holly questioned the figure, but soon her arms were away from me and the siblings had their arms wrapped around each other. Tears of joy ran down their faces, and smiles lighted up on all the faces all around the room. I also felt a tear roll down my face at the reunion.

“Yes, Holly. I’m here. I’m back.” Dad said soothingly, and I saw Aaron with the confused expression on his face. “Aaron…?” Dad asked, breaking from Holly, and smiling as he approached him. Hugs seemed to be in a chain, and I joined when they waved me in.

“Dad…” Aaron and I trailed in unison.

“I’m right here. I’ll always be right here.” Dad soothed us. Everything was going to be okay.

“Dulvok.” Aunt Holly said as she held an oddly shaped object, covered with a tan cloth. “I believe this is yours.”

Dad reached out and yanked the cloth off of the object. It was round, gold, and had lots of jewels encrusted into its swirly pattern. “Oh yes, this is mine.” Dad replied as Holly placed the crown firmly on top of his head. The crowd cheered.

“The throne is yours.” Holly smiled. “You need to take back your kingdom.”

“Of course. I’ve heard all the crap going around, and it’s something only a King can fix. What’s up with this war, Holly?” Dad asked suspiciously. "How could you let our world get so out of hand? I think we need a talk with these Winged, teach them what they can and can't do. Didn't you write a law or something about it?" He asked, crossing his arms, acting like a King. So this is how he'd act…

I let them continue their conversation when I spotted Ezami towards the back of the crowd. I moved through the crowd, trying not to bump into anyone as I made my way to her.

“Hey!” Ezami exclaimed as she dragged me into a hug. Now hugs were contagious. “You’re back!”

“Yeah, and surprisingly… still… alive.” I laughed as she broke the hug.

“Yeah. Big shock.” Ezami laughed with me. I was back, and this time, I would stay away from the Wingless.

“Come on! A celebration must be arranged! The King has returned!” Holly called out to the crowd. They cheered more excitingly then they did when we arrived. I could tell Dad was happy to be home. I was just glad I had most of my friends and family here.

Soon after that, everyone headed Downtown, which was reconstructed back to its usual party-likeness. Music played, and dancing seemed to get popular quick. Even Holly and Dad joined in on the dancing. “All hail King Lufrewop!” called out through the celebration. Restaurants were packed, and clothes and jewelry sold out.

~~~~~~~~~~

As day turned dark, I started to perform tricks with my fiery hands, and amazed the crowd. Aunt Holly joined in, and it turned to be truly spectacular. However, most started to head home, and I thought I’d do it too.

“Dad, I’m going home. I’ll see you tomorrow.” I yawned, obviously tired.

“You know, you can come live at Riveredge. That would be your home.” Dad pointed out.

I thought about it for a second. How long could I be living next door to an empty house, where Cylak once lived? It would be too hard for me. I really loved him. “Okay. I’ll move in tomorrow.” I smiled as I slowly started flying towards my house. I felt someone come up from behind me.