Chapter 11 - The Graveyard and Training

I stood there, not able to find the right words to say. My real, my biological Mom… is dead? And my real Dad… gone?  That was it. I had no living family, and I would never meet them until I’m dead.

“I’m sorry. I guess some things are really better left unsaid.” Queen Lufrewop said sadly, backing away.

“No, thank you. I needed that information.” I informed, lifting my head and meeting her gaze. “I knew I didn’t have any family after I found out I was adopted. I knew.”

“Is there anything you wanted to know?” She asked, and I thought of many things off the bat. I was a great question-asker, or so my friends said from how annoying all my questions were, but I was determined for all the answers.

“What were their names?” I asked her.

“Your father’s name was Dulvok, and your mother’s name was Feria.”

“Last names?”

“Sorry, that answer I keep.”

“Were they both faeries?”

“Yes.”

“Both Winged?”

“Yes.”

“What were they like?”

The Queen paused, as if remembering a happy, distant memory. “Your father was kind, brave, and loved you and your mother very much. Your mother loved you as well, and actually sacrificed herself for you. There was great mourning after her death.”

I began to feel guilty. Was I the cause of my Mom’s death? “How’d my Mom sacrifice herself for me?”

“I don’t know. I wasn’t a witness of the accident.”

“What were their Magics?”

“Your father was Water, and your mother was Animals.”

“Did they have lives out in Earth?”

“No, but they’ve visited.”

“Why’s my mother dead?”

“Winged accident.”

“Why’s my father disappeared?”

“Nobody knows.”

“Where’d he disappear to?”

“Nobody knows.”

“Why’d I get stuck on Earth?”

“Nobody knows.”

I crossed my arms annoyingly. “Do I have any other family out there that you know of?”

She copied my arm movements. “I said only questions about your parents.”

“Does my mother have a grave?”

“Yes.”

“Where is it?”

“Out in the graveyard, in the back somewhere.”

“Where is that?”

“Somewhere over by Hulinya Waterfall.”

“Thanks.” I said as I walked the other direction. I had all she needed to know. Aaron was still standing outside the door awkwardly.

“That didn’t take long. What happened?” Aaron asked me, approaching me.

“Oh, nothing really. She just told me that my Mom is dead and my Dad disappeared fifteen years ago. That’s it.” I replied sadly, knowing the first three words was sarcasm.