Chapter Thirteen

JUST IN CASE ANYONE HAS MISSED IT, ROYALLY TRAINED IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON AMAZON, BARNES & NOBLE, AND A BUNCH OF OTHER RETAILERS WORLDWIDE.  THE EBOOK IS ONLY 0.99 FOR ANOTHER WEEK.  ROYALLY TRAINED IS AN R RATED BOOK, AND CONTAINS SEX, VOLIENCE, AND HARSH LANGUAGE.

NOW FOR THE UPDATE!

Eve scrunched her nose at the now luke-warm tea in her mug.  With a heavy sigh, she pushed it aside and went back to scanning the want ads.

She hadn’t seen Doug since he’d called her a whore and a liar and stormed out of the den two nights ago.  She had waited for him on pins and needles, but he never came home.  The first day, she’d been sad and upset by his reaction to their intimacy; although determined that she would bluster through.  Eve planned to face whatever wrath Doug had in store for her because in the end, she knew she shouldn’t have instigated sex between them.

The second day, when there was still no sign of Doug, she’d started to get angry.  So they’d had sex.  People have sex every day, sometimes with different people every day.  The distance from him had given Eve the opportunity to analyze Doug’s reactions.  His behavior began to strike her as that of a rape victim; but Eve wasn’t about to allow herself to be slotted into the role of rapist.  She hadn’t restrained him, she hadn’t even had to use coercion.  One kiss and few soft words was all it took for Doug to fall on her like she was his last meal.  Even as she analyzed, though, Eve could find no logical reason for Doug’s illogical reaction.  And that’s when she got angry.

Just because he was currently paying her living expenses and taking care of Emma, did not give him the right to treat her as something subhuman.  Just because she instigated sex with him once did not give him the right to demand it every night.  Just because she instigated sex did not make her a whore or a liar.

Somewhere in the middle of the night, with a myriad of emotions keeping her awake, Eve realized just how destructive this situation was.  Not only was she allowing herself to be degraded and Doug was obviously crumbling under the pressure of the situation, but Emma was becoming attached.

“Ms. Porter?”

Eve jumped as Emma’s nurse touched her shoulder gently.

“Yes, Mrs. Johnson,” Eve flashed the older woman a smile.

“I’m sorry to disturb you ma’am,” the nurse said, “but Emma is ready to go.”

“Oh, of course.”  Eve rose to her feet quickly.  Since Emma had shown so much improvement, Eve had found a special needs adult day program.  It was only three times a week, three hours per day, but the socialization was good for Emma.

Eve made her way down the hall to were Emma waited.  Even with all her worries, seeing Emma sitting up independently with her coat and shoes on made Eve smile.

“All ready to go, Emma?” Eve asked not expecting an answer.  She moved to sit beside Emma on the small sofa.  “Your van should be here soon,” Eve spoke again, putting her hand gently over Emma’s. 

“I can get her loaded, Ms. Porter,” Mrs. Johnson said entering the room.  “I just thought you’d want to know Emma was leaving soon.”

Eve swallowed hard.  “Have a good time today, Emma,” Eve said, her voice thick with emotion.  Eve embraced her sister and then exited the room with haste.  She had taken the past few months for granted, being able to spend time with Emma at her leisure and not having to handle the meltdowns on her own.  But now that she knew she was going to find a way to support the two of them again, Eve was afraid that these little moments were going to be few and far between.