Chapter Eighteen

Awkward does not even begin to describe how I am feeling right now.

I kissed him.

That was definitely not on my to do list.

Never in my entire life have I ever dreamt of kissing him.

I freaking just kissed Brennan Collins, a guy whom I barely knew and to top it
off, he was also my crush's cousin!

Speaking of my crush, I have not talked to him for so many days already.

The scariest thing was, I wasn't even thinking about Hayden at all these few days! My mind was constantly on Brenny and whenever I was with him, I would always end up smiling no matter how mad he made me feel.

I'd actually planned to sulk in my room for the entire week when Hayden told me that he was not coming.

However, look at what I'm doing now.

Meeting my ex over here and kissing Brenny for like so many times? This is utterly absurd and un-freakin-believable!

What is going on in my life seriously?

As I sat on the cold hard floor in the toilet, trying to think straight, my mind drifted off to what happened just now.

My initial plan was to just give him a peck on his lips for just a few seconds to prove to Alex that I had a boyfriend.

However, that kiss deepened when Brenny surprisingly relaxed a little and kissed me back.

I really wasn't expecting that.

And soon, our lips moved in perfect sync and it ended up being an open-mouth kiss.

The worst part that scared me the most was, I actually enjoyed it. I mean, a little part of me felt a bit reluctant to pull apart after the deep make out session.

So, when we felt like our lungs would burst for air, we stopped the kiss and bumped our foreheads against each other's lightly and breathed in the oxygen deeply. At that time, it felt like we were the only twos around and everyone else vanished

I actually almost forgot that this was all an act.

When I stared into those beautiful blue orbs, I can't help but be lost in them. A jolt of electricity shot through my nerves and reached my chest when he smiled a mind blowing smile and looked into my eyes. How can one resist to smile back at such a charming boy?

However, perfect moments like these always had to end.

We have to go back to facing the dreaded reality.

After announcing the 'End of the Act', we proceeded to walk back to the beach house instead of joining our friends.

To be honest, I wasn't even exactly sure of where I was going at first. I was still in a complete daze.

He draped a towel over my small frame and then slung his arms over my shoulder protectively.

Without him supporting me, I bet I would have already crashed onto the ground.

Any stranger would have thought that we were a couple by the position we were in.

Sadly, we were not.

Wait, hang on for a second.

Did I just thought of me and him being a couple?

And was depressed that we were not?