Chapter Six

Ding! Ding ding ding ding di-

"I'm coming! Stop pressing the freaking bell!" I yelled in annoyance from my room and ran downstairs.

My parents were at the hospital now so I was the only one at home and Mel was at home packing her luggage one final time. So, I wasn't expecting any guests now. Even if it was Mel, she would have the keys right? Or maybe she just forgot to bring it? That girl can be really forgetful at times.

"Forgot your keys agai-"

"Hey, Cupcake! Took you long enough to open the door," Hayden gave me a teasing smile once I opened the door.

I stared at him, my mouth wide open and my eyes the size of a golf ball.

"Caitie, I think you should close your mouth before a fly explores in it," he chuckled and used his fingers to gently tap my chin to close it.

"Erm... H - Hey, Hayden! What are you doing here?" I mumbled once I got out from my shock, cocking an eyebrow.

"It's freezing out here! Are you intending to stand here until we both freeze into blocks of ice?" he puffed and I realized that the temperature outside had indeed really dropped.

"Er, sure! C'mon in," I opened the door wider and let him in.

After I locked the door behind me, we went to take a sit at the sofa. "So... Why did you come to my house? Miss me?" I teased.

"Oh my gosh! How did you know that I missed you?" he replied, feigning shock and put his hands over his mouth.

I laughed at how he reacted and asked again,"So what's the real reason why Mr Haydie is here?"

"I was just wondering if you wanna grab a late lunch together?" he asked shyly, rubbing the back of his neck. I looked at the clock and realized that it was already half past 4 pm, and I've not even had my lunch yet. I guess I was just too ecstatic about this whole trip that I can even forget about food. Hey wait, ecstatic is not even the right word to describe my feelings just now.

As if on cue, my stomach started rumbling loudly. "Sure! Just give me a minute to change," I answered quickly as I felt my cheeks turning a bright shade of red. I turned on my heels and basically sprinted upstairs, the sound of Hayden's laughter echoing throughout the entire house. If I were to participate in a marathon with this kind of speed, I think that I would have attained a gold medal for myself already. I locked my door and went into my walk-in closet to pick my outfit of the day.

After a good five minutes of debating what to wear, I decided to wear a jeans and stick with a long sleeved black shirt with the word 'Love' printed in red in the middle, with a tank top underneath and wrapped a scarf loosely around my neck. I let my hair fall over my shoulders naturally, applied minimal makeup on my face and slipped my feet into my favourite pair of boots. Satisfied with my appearance reflected in the mirror, I skipped my way downstairs.

"Wow. Your one minute is so fast," Hayden commented sarcastically when I plopped down next to him on the couch. His eyes were glued to the television screen, watching a live soccer match. "Ready to go? Mr Haydie Smith?" I asked, after informing my mum that I would be going out for lunch. When I looked up from my phone, Hayden was cheering and grinning from ear to ear, ignoring his surroundings. I rolled my eyes, typical boy.

Then, I couldn't help but come up with an evil plan.

I grabbed the remote controller that was situated next to him carefully and smirked.

'One, two, three!' I counted in my head and powered off the television.

"Hey! That's not fair! They were going to score a goal," he whined and pouted like a little child. Damn, he looks so cute when he does that! Wait, what was I thinking about? Focus, Caitlyn! Don't drift away into your thoughts again.