Chapter Eight

"Gate 38 is already opened. C'mon, kids, lets get going," Emma, Mel's mum announced. We listened to her and proceeded to board the airplane.

"Cait, you'll be paired with Bren. Mel and Paul, Jason and Emma and me and Sam, clear?" My mum instructed.

"See ya in Hawaii, Cait!" Mel shouted as she walked away, hand-in-hand with Paul.

Every other couple agreed happily and went to look for their designated seats gleefully.

Except for the one and only me, of course.

"What? No! Why can't I sit alone or with Mel or a hack, maybe even a stranger?" I argued.

Sitting with Brennan for like a few hours together, on a plane? Ha! No, that's so not happening

"Young lady, you'll either listen to me or I'll have to ask Bren to drag you to your seat," she warned sternly.

I sighed and had to force the urge to not roll my eyes at her. My mum can be a really good and reasonable person at times, but whenever she gives off a set of instructions, she won't allow anyone to disobey her unless you have one really good and valid reason. So, I gave up arguing with her and dragged my feet to the first class section, pouting, "Fine!" I answered in defeat.

Once we spotted our spacious seats on the right aisle of the plane, I looked to my left and saw an old man, eyeing me closely, a creepy smile on his face which showed off his front set of yellowish teeth. He was probably eye-raping me. I take back my words now, I would rather sit with Bren than with a completely weird stranger.

I ignored that old man and turned my attention back to Bren.

"I am taking the window seat!" I announced.

I mean, who doesn't like that seat? You get to see the clear blue sky and those puffy marshmallow-like clouds from a plane instead of the ground.

After I stopped my daydreaming, I looked up only to see Brennan grinning evilly at me. Before I even have the time to react, he pushed past me and jumped onto the seat that I wanted in one swift motion and did a happy dance of his own. He looked funny yet cute doing it...

No, now is not the time for compliments, Caitlyn!

"What?" My eyes went wide in shock and my mouth hung open loosely. How the hack did he get onto the seat so quickly?

Is he like some sort of ninja?

"You can close your mouth already, sweetheart," he smirked at me.

"Just my luck to be stuck on a damn holiday with you," I muttered and more colorful words came flying out of my mouth after that. I heard some whispering next to me and turned back to my left. Sitting beside that lecherous old man was now an elderly woman, whom I assumed was his wife, since they were holding hands.

She gave me a disapproving look. I assumed it was most probably because of the string of words I've let out. I didn't know that such a kind of guy could also get married...

I shot her an apologetic smile and stomped my foot with my arms crossed over my chest, like a little 6 year old that didn't get what she wanted, over to the other remaining seat. I was too tired to argue with that idiot anymore and moreover, it was still so early in the morning. It was only 9 am.

"Are you angry?" Bren asked as I made myself comfortable in the spacious seat.

Since we bought the first class tickets, we had a lot of space to ourselves. I pushed my chair all the way to the back and stretched out my legs before answering him. "No. Not all at because I am fuming! Can't you see the steam coming off from my nose," I pointed to my nose,"And ears?" I finished and pointed to my ears.