Chapter 12

I don´t know when I uploaded the last chapter but it´s far too long ago. Now I finally decided to write again and got new motivation. Gonna update a chapter once a week if it´s possible for me next to school and real life activities but I try my best.

If possible please leave a comment. Thanks for reading.

When Eric woke up I was already gone. The night with him has let me feel human again but now my hunger came back and Eric wasn't safe in my near anymore. 

The marketplace vibrated of activity. There were some people who did their best to sell their goods to a high price, some who scrape money together to get something to eat for their family and then some who had nothing and took every chance they get to steel to survive.

Just too bad for these two young women that they crossed my way. Do I need to tell you what happened next? Hmm No, I don't think so.

Hey don't look at me like that...I was hungry. I mean yeah they seemed to be nice and maybe if I wouldn't have been a vampire we could have been friends but sorry not in this case. 

Let me continue with my story. 

With quick step I walked away from the place where I just had put down the cold bodies. The ground of a side street was the place I decided to let them behind me after I drunk all the blood from their veins. Nobody saw me that was important. I hate nothing more than when I need to kill one more human after I drunk because I was too indiscreet.

I turned the corner and crashed with someone.

“Use your eyes!” I shouted indignantly while I wiped of the dirt of my dress.

“Oh Nicole, use your eyes you say but you don´t even have a second to look at whom you´re speaking” The man said amused but with a sad undertone. And as I listen to the voice I already knew the man who was standing in front of me.

 “Elijah” I showed him my loveliest smile “Long time between our last talk. How are you doing?” I asked with huge interest

“A lot. Come. Let us stop off at the Speedy´s Pub” Elijah decided then he took my hand and we walked through the streets like in old times through the woods.

Hours passed while we sat in this pub and Elijah told me about what happened to him to last 100 years. Elijah narrated me that he was in Italy along with our siblings Rebekah and Klaus and they came across a vampire hunter named Alexander who was part of a group called The Five. Rebekah fell in love with Alexander. Elijah and Klaus took advantage of this as an opportunity to get closer to Alexander and find out his secrets. And one day, the three siblings were invited to a party at Alexander's home where they were attacked by surprise and daggered. Klaus was again unaffected by the dagger cause to his werewolf lineage and undaggered Elijah and Rebekah.

I reckon you really can´t call that a nice holiday in Italy but what did I expected from my siblings. Somehow we always managed us into troubles but I had a bad vibe about what Elijah just had told me and I felt that he wasn´t honest and tried to hide something from me. I should find it out pretty soon but for now I leaved it at that.

The next hours Elijah kept asking me why I left home and well, he nearly blamed me for ripping our family apart. I invented a story and built up a fake life. I told him I was in France and later in Austria even when I was never their but he didn´t had to know and beside I always thought about travelling around the world, so why not after Elijah leaves? But the most time I said I was in Greenwich. Living my life, trying to stay a bit human and don´t kill too many innocent people.

As I told him my invented story I nearly believed myself. The thought that I lost my memory about the last 504 years because an angel called Gabriel took me somewhere for learning or fighting or whatever, I don´t know, was still just too insane for me. Even thinking about that made me calling myself mad.

Elijah seemed pleased to hear how good I can manage and I was proud that he sucked my story. If you would have asked me hundred years before if I can make Elijah something believe that isn´t true, I would have just shacked my head and walked away because it was impossible. Seems like Elijah had become too indulgent or it was similar to him. I can imagine that on a journey with Nik and Rebekah you´ll hear a lot of lies and fake stories and after a time you get callous. I don´t mind it. In this point I was happy for first time that I bypassed 5 centuries.

Right in the moment Elijah and I decided to leave the Speedy´s Pub a young man out on the street caused uproar and immediately my mind went to Eric.

Eric run through the streets shouting my name only with one thought to find me.

When he woke up in the morning his bed settee was empty and nowhere in the house was a sign of me but one dress, the silky blue dress, was missing and this was all he needed. A small gleam of hope rose in him and stormed out of the house. He didn´t wanted me to be a figment of his imagination. One day, 24 hours that´s all Eric needed to get a crush. Somehow he felt himself enamoured to me and now his only wish was to find me.