Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I weakly opened my eyes, felt the grass on my skin and on a strange way it felt save. I ley on this ground for a moment and suddenly I perceive pain in my chest. I couldn't breathe because every time it hurts. When I sat up and looked down on me I saw that my dress was full of blood...my blood.

I tried to turn around and glance after the offender but I was fool. Of course he was long gone. I felt weak and it was exhausting to get up but I had to. I stand up and searched my siblings. They always knew what to do. I called for Klaus, Finn for Elijah for anybody but no one answered.

Then I saw somebody laying just a few steps in front of me. It was Kol who was wounded too. I went over to him and he felt quite the same. He had been stabbed but he was alive and that was important. 

"Kol, what happened? Did you see the offender?" I asked confused

"No I didn't. Everything happened to fast. One moment I was following you and in the other someone stabbed me!" he said unbelievable.

We both didn't know why this happened and how it's possible to be still alive. Then we heard a voice. We scared and tried to keep calm. Our dad saw us and ran up to us with two chalices in his hands.

"Drink! Drink this!" He shouted

We stared at him as if he has gone mad.

"Nicole, Kol...drink this or you die!" Dad said with an intense voice and we heard is haste.

"We have to finish what we started!" We don't defend us and just gave in. We drank it till the last drop. It was blood...a taste like iron and salt filled my mouth...definitely blood.

Mikael soothes but he knew we'll need more.

"It'll hurt but from the moment the pain stops you'll feel how strong you're now which mystical creatures you are!" With those words he went away and left us their alone.

We noticed how our bodies changes, our sense sharpened and how powerful we are! It felt gorgeous but we had to fear what we would be able to. It changes all too fast. We had no control over us anymore. Suddenly the sun which I saw earlier appears through the trees, began to burn our skin. Kol and I hide in one of our cabins and we were locked for days.

Days...not nights!

At night we went outside. Our hunger after blood was too big.

The new settler who came into the new world too became our first victims. Kol and I always stayed together. We didn't want to take any risk to be "killed" again.

One night we weren't able to endure our hunger. We sat in our cabin and smelt the blood around us.

Thomas, one of our new neighbours was my first. I even can't remember his last name. He was on the ways home but the path led through the forest and over to our hut. I ran out, grabbed his arm and turned him to me. I saw his eyes glowing, heard his heart beading and at the moment I hit my teeth into his neck and drunk his blood until the last drop. He had no chance to survive it.

Kol was behind me and watched me how I lost control and became such a monster. He didn't fear. I had tears in my eyes I just had really killed a human.

I became aware of that he was a mortal and I was something else, someone stronger as I ever believed I could be and I called for answers.

What am I?

I glanced at my little twin brother and note that he was hungry too. Everybody who passed us could see in his face that he was hungry. His skin was pale, his eyes turned red and then he noticed a young woman. Kol watched her and didn't let her out of his sight. He was better than me and more charismatic. He didn't just only kill her... he walked a while with her on her way, talked and joked and suddenly as nobody suspect it he smooth a wisp of hair back from her neck and bite.

Next moment he finished, turned to me and said "Why do you handle this so complicated? It wasn't even hard!"

I tried to find an argument but I just stand there with open mouth and stared bewildered at him. The good thing about what just happened was that our famine was breastfed for some time

We searched our siblings and after we found them we realize that they had gone through the same torture. Their faces showed anger, suffer and torment. We all had to fight with our guilt except Klaus.

Klaus felt his power and found out that he was now able to fight everybody he hated all this years. His anger intensified against father and against our neighbours the werewolves.

On the shortest ways Klaus went to our father and attack him. Dad fell to the ground and couldn't do anything against Klaus strength...that's what Mikael let us believed at least.

"Stop! Leave him, Klaus! By Odinsson he is our father!" yelled Kol at him.

Klaus seemed like in rapid.

"Oh please Kol, shut up!" Klaus said annoyed and rolled his eyes after Kol's statement.

"Enough, dad!" Klaus emphasized the word "dad"

"No more lies! Tell us all why you hate me? Why am I the only one in this family who isn't accepted by you?"

Mikael began to talk and Klaus drain off from him.

"My children, I'll tell you the short story. Klaus is your half-brother!"

We were surprised and one question lay on our tongue but no one dared to speak it out loud.

"Mother cheated on you?" Kol glanced at his sibling’s faces and grinned after he noticed that we were all thinking the same.

"Yes, she did! Klaus you biological father was a werewolves and my wife, Esther knew that you'll have the bloodline and gene in you. This was another reason why we all had to travel hither. She was hoping that when we move away from this pack, you were not in danger to trigger the curse. She couldn't even suspect that the werewolves have spread all over the world!" Mikael explained to him.

"But you aren't answering Klaus question! Why don't you accept him? He was or still is our brother and we love him. Why do you blame him for mother’s mistake?" Elijah raised his voice

"Klaus was exhausting since the day of his birth. He is arrogant, ill-tempered, vindictive and then he tried again and again to prove that he's the strongest and best...to trigger the curse you've to kill somebody and you were a danger for yourself and all of us! You liked to fight with Finn and Elijah and I knew that if you hurt someone fatally injured you would turn into a werewolf at each full moon and I couldn't risk it. I had to focus your anger at me, so you harm no one else!" Mikael stood up and looked into the unbelievable faces of his children. 

Klaus's world crumbled and he felt how alone he was in reality...but that wasn’t true. He is our brother and we stand behind him whatever just came to the daylight. Rebekah went closer and hugged him.

"I'll see you've all completed the transformation!" Dad said satisfied and suddenly we all recall what was our originally matter of concern.