Chapter 7

It took some time to write this chapter becaue I was with my thoughts somewhere else. This time I tried to describe my feelings bette. I hope you like it and as always please leave me a little review. Thank you!

Chapter 7

It felt like minutes in which I stared at Kol.

"Hey Nicole, I know I´m handsome but could you stop staring at me?!" Kol said grinning.

"Oh" I shake my head to get his words out of my head.

"How have you done this?" I asked surprised

"I don´t know…I´m as confused as you. I wanted to say your name and in the moment I plant to say it loud you looked at me and I knew you heard me. I heard you talking to yourself and I…I answered!" Kol boast.

"Great, so you're able to hear everything I'm thinking?" I ask him not very happy about that fact.

"You don't have to be shamed for what you're thinking...that's natural...it's...human!" Kol said and our conversation changed from the emotional side into the rational one. "So do you know if it works with our other siblings too?" I wondered

"I haven´t tried so far!" Kol answered

"Then…what are you waiting for? Try it…on Elijah!" I said and point my finger to Elijah

Kol concentrated and kept repeating "Lijah turn around putputput turn around gooood boy!" like if he wanted to lure a chicken or a dog.

"Kol could you please show a little respect?" I thought and looked at him annoyed

"Begrudge me some fun!" he winked and thought "Look, he can´t even hear us. It doesn´t work."

I agreed because for some reasons it only works at Kol and me. Well and it was very useful in past before humans invent the mobile phoney...as I recall it was even very helpful when Kol were in danger and called for help but...better I´ll tell you that story later.

We were still riding through the woods and then I felt that we all could need a little entertainment. This feeling changed into a thought which turns into...

"What about a horse racing?" I ask my brothers

"Why not? Ok!" Finn said thinking he´ll win.

"Oh you wanna dare us? You're making a big mistake if you think you can beat me...you can't!" Elijah comment with narrowed eyes and a mischief grin which I normally only recognized from Kol.

"Let's start!" Kol shouted and galloped past.

"Oh that's not fair!" I mutter and Elijah, Finn and I strike off in canter.

Elijah was already very close to Kol and almost could have had the change to pass him when out of nothing a tree stretched out his arms and Elijah couldn't the road and fell from his horse. Kol looked back over his shoulder and typical for him he couldn't suppress a laugh.

"You better should have watched forward instead of trying to beat me, Lijah!" Kol said hard breathing. He and his horse were still on the top but we were able to hear him because of our new stronger sense of hearing.

"You too!" I said. Finn and I turn right and followed a small forest path...we had our reasons.

Suddenly we heard a scream and branches cracking.

"Aah, damn!" Kol mutter snap.

Now there were only Finn and I left. It was a neck-and-neck race and heard my brothers betting who will win.

I hold the rein tight in my hands and as I had to jump over the stock of a tree I lost one rein. I tried to catch them and in this moment my ring slip from my finger and the sun shined on my skin.

It was a horrible feeling. My skin was scorched and it a smell of burned meat was in the air. Tears run down my face but not a murmur came over my lips. My brothers ran to me and while Elijah hugged and squeezed me on his chest to protect me, Kol and Finn searched my ring who was somewhere in the bushes. My body still ached and I started to shiver. Really, I wish no vampire such a scenario even those I hate.

It felled like hours that I was lying there waiting for my ring but Elijah gave me the strength and appeased me. He pet my hair and sweet words came over his lips...which I can only remember little to big was the pain which went through my whole body.

"I found the ring!" Kol yelled

"Lop him over!" Elijah yelled back and caught the ring

Immediately my ring was back there where he should always be and my body began to cool down.

My breath were deep and slowly and the wounds who shaped started to heal. Within minutes I looked like nothing happened but the shock sat deep and my brothers didn't stop watching my steps.

"Do you still believe it's a good idea to go ride to water falls?" Elijah asked Finn worried.

"I think we..." Finn said "Oh no" I interrupted him. "You all know how much I love the waterfalls but if even I want to go back home than it's really necessary!" I advised them in the hope they understand me.

We ride along the way we've taken before to do our little horse race and suddenly note that we haven't congratulated the winner.

"Finn! Awesome race, you won!" I said proudly

"It was a good race..." Elijah started to smile "till I fell from my horse"

"You weren't the only one! Kol where did you landed? I heard you moaning and bushes cracking" I couldn't deny laughter

"Yeah just poke ok me but I don't see the fun out of it!" Kol said sulking

"Of course Kol, you're always allowed to make fun about us but if you're our victim you snit in! You always want to be in centre but not now! Here for you Finn." I trounced Kol and hand over a braided leather bracelet, with a little silvery leaf pendant which had the letters FE on it, to Finn.

"Is this what I believing?" Finn wondered

"Yes brother. It belonged to her…to your gggirlfriend"I stuttered "Freya Erikson from the Grænlendingar pedigree" I found my voice again.

"Thank you, darling. It´s ok. Time will heal my sore and…we have the eternity! Please apply it on my left hand." Finn thanked teary-eyed and I did.

Few minutes later we weren´t far away from home anymore. People ran screaming with panic in their faces pass us. My brothers and I get off from our horses and followed the trail where those people came from. It smelled of smoke, burned things and…blood. I start to shiver; my eyes turned red and I felt my teeth's getting longer and sharpener. My request after someone to feed on got more and more and my new being had me firmly under control.

Then abruptly a blazing pillar…our white oak tree…stood in front of me stretching skyward.