Chapter 13- Hear Me

•Nico Di Angelo•

It was no secret that Stella was dead. Everyone felt it, at least everyone in the Underworld did. The gods felt it, and they made sure the rest of the world did too. News broadcasts were all reporting a major storm sweeping across North America, and it wasn't pretty.

"Find Posiedon. He needs to calm down before he destroys the entire continent!" My father, Hades, explained. He wasn't happy about Stella's death, but he seemed to be the only one of the big three that wasn't throwing a fit over it. It wasn't just the big three though, crops were withering and dying, the sun would rise and set at weird times thanks to Apollo, mail was getting lost. Mortals believed the end of the world was in full swing. They weren't far off either.

"Father, I can't just march into Poseidon's palace and tell him to chill out! Firstly, it's under water. And secondly, he's not just going to calm down if I go and have a chat with him!"

"You never know, us gods are very unpredictable." Hades was sitting on his throne, tapping his chin.

"Dad."

"Son."

"Ugh! This is a serious situation!"

"I'm being serious." I arched an eyebrow at him. "Fine, go to Zeus and see if you can get him to talk to him. He won't be calm, Nico. Not until his daughter is safe."

"She's dead." I muttered, matter of factly. How in Hades is that safe?

"Dear gods, boy you're thick. Yes, she is dead. How could she become safe, or safe as possible?"

"Thanks," I muttered, but quickly connected the dots. "If she was alive... A deal with Death!"

Hades nodded slowly, satisfied that I got it right.

"But who?"

"Someone who is willing to give up everything for her."

"Give up everything? What do you mean by that?"

"I don't know what the boy is thinking! He could be putting this war on the line for goodness sake!"

"Or his own life," I added.

"Only if it were worthy."

Shadow traveling to Manhattan from Los Angeles was exhausting, so passing out on a park bench in Central Park didn't sound like a bad idea. When I woke up, it was dark out and the rain made it even harder to see. I was soaked, and every step I took I felt even more lost. Shadow travel wasn't an option. I was too tired, and I might pass out for an entire day if I tried. I didn't have that kind of time.

After an hour of wandering, I figured that I was hopelessly lost. And wet. And cold. That was until I heard a rustle in the bushes. I had my sword out and ready in less than a second, ready to fend off any monster. Another rustle, followed by a grunt, and before I knew it, an angry goat fell right out from the tree.

"Grover?" It wasn't a goat, but a satyr. A familiar satyr.

"Uhhhhh," Grover moaned, rubbing his head.

"You alright there?" I knelt down to help him, but he waved me off.

"Fine, fine. Those dryads are not gentle when it comes to tree tossing."

"Uh... Tree tossing?"

"Yeah. Anyway, what I came here to tell you is that Stella's death alerted a lot more than just that Stoll kid back at camp. I ran into Thalia and the hunters just yesterday. The Party Ponies know something's up, too."

"Thalia? I thought they were missing! Are they coming to help?" My heart nearly left out of my chest. There was hope for camp, even if I never liked it there.

"They're coming. Trying to, at least. They're being hounded by monsters. It's not pretty. Do you need help through the park? You're lost."

"Uh, yeah that would be good. Thanks."

Grover and I trudged through the trees for nearly an hour before we reached a main path leading out.

"Are you coming to Olympus?" I asked, when he kept walking with me even when we were out of the park.

"Yeah, I have some things I need to discuss with Dionysis, and as far as I know he's holed up somewhere in the village. That Greek and Roman merda hit him pretty hard."

Olympus was quiet. That was the first thing I noticed when we got there. No music played, and no one was out. The storm swirled intensely around the peak, but no rain fell here. It made it even more creepy.

Grover and I separated when we got to the gardens. I kept walking to the throne room, hoping the god I was looking for was there. I stepped through the newly remodled gates, thanks to Annabeth, and stepped into the massive room. Just as I hoped, a bearded man in a pinstriped suit sat on the main throne, head in his hands. I'd never seen him looking more defeated.

"My lord," I said loud enough that he could hear me, and gave him a small bow when he looked up.

"Hello, boy. Why have you come?"

"I need your help."

"Of course you do." Zeus gave a long sigh and sat up, waiting for my proposal.

"This storm is tearing apart North America, it's causing a lot of problems we can't afford to deal with." As soon as I said it, I wanted to take it back. I could see the anger growing in the god's eyes.

"It's causing you a lot of problems?" His voice bellowed through the room. He was about to start yelling more, but the anger suddenly died down and he leaned back in his throne. "Boy, I can not always help it when these storms happen. My anger gets the best of me and controlling it isn't always in my control. Poseidon is the one causing hurricanes across the country!"

"Yes, sir I know. That's what I need to ask of you. Poseidon needs to be reasoned with!"

"He just lost his daughter, and I my niece. Do not ask us to just stop grieving. We're only god."

Only god? I mentally scoffed. "Not for long."

Zeus' bushy eyebrows furrowed. "What are you implying?"

"A deal with Death."

• • • • • •

This is a pretty uneventful chapter, yeah? I might update the next chapter tonight so no worries!(: Comment, Like, tell me what you thought about it and what you think might happen to Connor? Update will be soon, Thanks my lovely readers(: