Chapter 4- I get a tour from a thief

I must have passed out the second my new flying horse friend took off into the air. To be honest, I didn't want to soar in the air riding on the back of a majestic Pegasus. No. I did not. At all. Flying wasn't exactly my favorite past time. When Blackjack, the pegasus, took off into the clouds I might have screamed a couple of times followed by passing out a few minutes later. Now we were descending on a large hill, the one I'd seen in my dreams. The only difference about the place was there was no vicious army marching its way onto the valley.

At the crest of the hill was a large pine tree with a glittering...fleece?....it was guarded by a huge dragon, it's body snaking around the bottom. In the dark the place almost looked creepy, long shadows and strange noises sounding from the forest in the distance. Blackjack set me down on the top of the hill and flew off, muttering something about how no one ever bought him any donuts. Wait... muttering? I turned around only to see him flying off into the night sky.

I was about to start down the hill when a long, reptallian hiss cut off my thoughts. I whipped around, facing a thing the size of a truck with five writhing, snaky heads.

I caught my breath. If I made any sudden movements I knew I was in trouble. I took a slow, careful step back, but the hydra already had its eyes on me. One of the heads spit a glob of green liquid at me. I rolled to the side, dodging it. I knew I had to get away, although I had no distraction to get away. As it snaked forward, spitting at me and hissing, I dodged and ducked trying to think of an escape plan. The hill was slippery from the rain that was beginning to fall. I backed up to avoid getting hit with green acid, but it only brought me farther away from the other side of the hill. Another sound rang through the night, a low growl that I was quite familiar with, a hellhound. It leaped at me from the shadows it had appeared from. I jumped to the side but slipped on the steep hill and slid down, my head hit another tree on the hillside.

The monsters were approaching, I was out of time and still dizzy. I grabbed a tree branch to help myself up, and then had a crazy idea. I ripped off the tree branch, using it as my weapon. The giant dog lunged and I whacked it in the head as hard as I could with the branch, knocking it out but not killing it.

The hydra came toward me, and as it did I threw the branch at its heads hard, causing a small distraction. It was just enough to get me to the top of the hill though, and as I ran down the monster didn't follow, but let out a loud wail as if it really wanted to kill me. I ran to the large house at the bottom of the hill, I didn't know what to expect. Whoever was here was supposed to help me, but I was also told it was dangerous. I reached the door and knocked loudly, my breath almost as loud. No one answered.

"Hello?" I yelled, not thinking about how rude I must seem, rapping on a door at three in the morning I walked back down the steps and stood in the pouring rain, wondering what to do now. All of a sudden out of no where a huge bolt of lightning shot down from the sky and hit me. My whole body went electric, sending pain up my back and arms. I remembered seeing the door open, figures rush to me, a burning smell and my scream echoing across the valley before blacking out.

When I woke up, I was in a bed, sipping a drink that tastes suspiciously like my 'mom's' homemade carrot cake. I groaned, blinking a few times to see clearly. A tall, thin guy maybe a year or two older than me held the drink, but was busy talking to a man in the corner of the room who was covered in eyes. It was a strange sight, really, but after everything that had happened to me lately I wasn't to surprised.

"-not right. Something's not right about this." The boy said. He had blond hair and blue eyes, a slightly pointed nose and arched eyebrows.

"Will-" The man began to speak, not opening his mouth all of the way which led me to wonder if he had an eye on his tongue. The guy's eyes settled on me. The boy, Will, looked at me and realized I was awake.