Chapter 6- The Good in the Bad

Okay, I am so so so so so sorry for taking so long to update! I had a busy weekend and I had EOY testing this week so all I was allowed to do was study! I'm so sorry and I promise I won't take so long again. Anyway enjoy the chapter, it was kin of hard to write, but I did it! Heh. Surprise at the end!(; Hope you like it, Bye!(:

~Madcow

♋ ♋ ♋ ♋ ♋ ♋ ♋ ♋ ♋ ♋ ♋ ♋

It was hard, not telling anyone who I really was. I managed to last a whole week without saying anything, and I figured if I could do that then maybe nobody would find out anyway, I couldn't have been more wrong.

I was drenched in sweat, exhausted, and thirsty. Clarisse wouldn't let me take a break until I got some sword trick she was trying to teach me right. Throughout the whole week I had a bunch of the campers who were good with swords teach me a few things. Now, I was pretty much better than everyone else at camp with a sword and a bow. Clarisse had tried to teach me how to throw a spear, but it hadn't turned out very well, Allison from the Aphrodite cabin would be picking mangos out of her hair for weeks (long story).

"No! Your footwork is backwards," Clarisse called out to me from the bleachers in the sword arena. I groaned and reversed my footwork, only to be yelled at again. "Your not aiming for your enemies feet! Pick up your sword, Donnoviel!"

"I give up, this enough for today," I grumbled, sitting down next to a target dummy.

Clarisse stood up and walked over until she was towering above me. "Giving up is for the dead," She snapped angrily. "Becase when you give up in a fight, you are dead." she pulled out her sword and came after me fast, showing no mercy. I rolled to the side and stood up quick, ducking her next strike. She tried to swing at side, but I got in close and intercepted her, twisting my sword. The next thing I knew I was standing over Clarisse, her sword three feet away. She smirked, "You got the footwork right."

I sighed, helped her up, then went to get a drink of water. Clarisse went to go meet Chris and left me alone in the arena.

"You know, I once knew a young man who was well trusted here. One day he came back, a new sword with him, one I had never seen before. He betrayed our camp, tried to destroy it," A voice said behind me. I turned to see Chiron, standing there watching my sword.

"What do you mean? You think I'm going to betray the camp? Why would I want to do that? This is the first place that actually feels like home to me," I replied, trying hard not to get too defensive.

"What I mean is, sometimes people can not be trusted. Sometimes they are not what they seem to be," He said, trotting forward to look down at my blade.

I was silent for a moment before asking, "What happened to the camper?"

Chiron looked up at me, "In the end, he was a hero, a very great one. Sometimes bad people can do good things. Although Luke was not a bad person in the beginning. People change, they can surprise you." I let that sink in.

"And this applies to me...how?" I asked nervously.

Chiron sighed, "My purpose is, there is always bad in the good and good in the bad, one day you will have to choose which one of those you prefer."

I nodded, "I see.... So you know then?"

"Of course I do, I saw the sign, bright and clear. Apollo knew what he was doing, Stella. He knew you would play a key role in the Giant War, though it could be a role you did not expect for yourself to play," Chiron said quietly.

"I-" I began to Chiron about my dream, but a strange feeling washed over me, like I was suddenly angry.

"Well, well, enjoying your present I suppose?" A big man in a biker jacket and sunglasses appeared next to me. He emanated power, and a feeling of anger.