Chapter 10- I never said goodbye.

•Stella•

Time does not exist in Tarturas. There is no sun to indicate daytime, or moon to indicate nighttime. Therefore, I do not know how long I've spent in Tarturas, only that if I don't get out now I will lose it. I'm already completely mad.

Legs that feel like they do not belong to me carry me across the rough landscape. Arms that are sore and tired swing my sword and fight off the many creatures of Tarturas. I constantly think about the day I found out I was different. I could have ignored it and gone on with my life, maybe murdered one day by your everyday mythical beast, maybe dead on my bedroom floor, a suicidal teenager that couldn't take the fact that the only place I belonged had kicked me out and taken away my memories, my life. None of that matters though, because I can not go back. I must keep moving forward.

I'm right on Percy and Annabeth's tails. Every time I get somewhere expecting to find them, they are gone, leaving me with a lot more problems than hoped for. Why would they need me, when they seem to be doing just fine on their own?

Tonight-or maybe today, I don't know, I find a nice unoccupied hole in the ground to sleep in. I've gotten close to no sleep since I entered this place. As I sleep, I find myself in another place. Massive, white marble pillars, and beautiful music from the muses reaches my ears. Olympus.

"Stella! Is this working right?" Two figures stand before me. They are blurry at first, but come into focus soon enough.

"Huh?" My head is throbbing from every possible news I could be told right now.

"Stella! I think it's working..." Connor Stoll taps something in front of me, and everything jerks to the left as if I were in a fishbowl.

"Connor? Hermes? What's going on?" The two look satisfied that whatever kind of message they've sent to me is working.

"Okay, great. Stella, we only have a limited amount of time. Contacting you from outside of Tarturas was nearly impossible." Hermes looks exhausted as he tells me this. "I assume you haven't found Percy and Annabeth yet?"

"No," I sigh, frustrated. "I'm so close, but every time I take a step forward, they seem to take two!"

Hermes nods at this, as if it is completely normal. "That could be the work of Gaea. Every time they escape a situation, she makes it twice as difficult for you in case they get away. She will still have you."

"What do I do?" I'm practically whining now, I don't know how much more I can take. I have to find them.

"Well," Hermes begins, glancing at Connor who is listening in closely to our conversation. "You will have two chances, according to Rachel Dare. One, at the giant's home. The other, at the Doors of Death."

"The Doors of Death?! I've been traveling through Tarturas to help them when the only chance I get is at the Doors?!" This isn't right.

"Stella..." Hermes looks down at Connor again. He won't look up at me. "We didn't know before. You were intended to help Percy and Annabeth, but Bob got to them first, and Gaea is working as hard as she can to keep you from getting to them. They will need you at the gates, more than before. Somebody has to help close them, there's too many."

"I'm not going to be leaving here am I?"

"I'm so sorry, dear."

Hermes says his goodbyes, then leaves. Only Connor is left outside the fishbowl. He's trying hard to hold it together, and it's hard to watch. Cuts and bruises cover his skin, and purple bags have formed under his eyes. Why is he here? To say goodbye, to yell at me for leaving them?

"You're probably wondering why I'm here."

"To ask one final thing." I answer for him.

His dark blue eyes shift up to meet mine. "Camp Half Blood is falling. We won't last, the gods are delusional. Hermes barely got through that conversation without screaming at himself. Tell them, Percy and Annabeth, to send help. Or just that we say goodbye. It'll probably be too late."

These final words make my sanity completely shatter. "Connor," I weep, trying to break through the fishbowl to comfort him. "I'm sorry."

"Will you tell them?" His voice is shakier than a fallen leaf in autumn.

"Yes, I will tell them." Everything goes black.

"Stella? Are you still there? Goodbye. I never told you goodbye. Please don't leave!" I can barely here his last words and the thumping sound that comes after. He's banging on the fishbowl, trying to get through. But he can not, we are in two seperate worlds.

✶✶✶✶

The next hours were the hardest. Percy and Annabeth just decided to make my life so much easier by passing into Night. I did the same. They also manged to pass through the infinite ranks of Gaea's army unseen. How.

Rachel was wrong about the giant's house. When I got there, it was empty. When I got there, I was almost killed by their pursuers. Those golden eyes of a Titan not completely formed would never leave my memory.

I can see the doors, or elevators really, from where I stand. I could get out. I could leave and hide away forever, let my friends die. But I never can because I would not be able to live with myself. I stepped into the Styx for this. I sacrificed everything for this. It all comes together like a puzzle piece. I was never a hero, I was just that unfortunate daughter that couldn't be accepted. Maybe I'll only go to Asphodel, but that's ok because I died for my friends. And they will succeed. I know they will.

•Author's Note•

I updated and it took forever because I'm a lazy bum. Sorry. I've admitted to it now. How is everyone liking it? Comment what you think so far, and vote if you like it! I'll update as soon as I can! Hopefully soon(: Have a great day my lovely readers!

-Mad