Chapter 12

"All right Foxleap," Jayfeather meowed. "You can come and see your kits." Foxleap quickly rushed into the nursery. There, he saw Rosepetal suckling three kits: the eldest was a russet tabby tom, like Foxleap, although he had a cream belly and cream paws and a cream tail. The next oldest was a cream tabby she-kit, and the smallest was a small white she-kit with black patches around her body, and two black patches around her eyes. "Oh, they're so beautiful!" Foxleap exclaimed. Rosepetal licked the smallest kit, and looked to Foxleap. "What should we name them?", she asked. For a while, Foxleap felt a weird feeling. He hadn't decided on names. "You name them." Foxleap said. Rosepetal shook her head and meowed, "You should get to choose the name for one at least. I'll name the russet tabby Foxkit, after you." Foxleap blushed, and he could her Jayfeather, Sandstorm, Ferncloud and Sorreltail stifling a laugh. "And the cream one," Rosepetal continued,  "will be Daisykit, after my mother. Now you name the last one." Foxleap looked at the tiny kit, then thought long and hard. These kits would never have been born if he wasn't Rosepetal's mate. Then he remembered the cat who encouraged him to ask Rosepetal to be his mate. "The black and white she-kit," Foxleap meowed, "will be Brairkit." Ferncloud, who was nearby, meowed quietly, "Foxkit, Daisykit, and Brairkit. Those are such beautiful names." 

(This part will be from Brairkit's POV. I will make is so it's a tiny part of this story in every chapter, so this Brairkit part will be short.)

"Wake up Brairkit!" Brairkit felt paws jab her side, and startled awake. He older sister, Daisykit, was the one poking her. Outside the nursery entrance, Brairkit could see Lilykit, Seedkit, Sunkit, Cherrykit, Milkkit, Carpkit, and Foxkit running to Firestar's den. "Sandstorm said we could go and see Firestar, and maybe surprise him!" Brairkit stood up, eager to go. "All right, all right, I;m going!"