Chapter 2

"Hey, Foxleap! Are you alive?" Foxleap shook his head. He was back in his nest, in the warrior's den. The cat talking to him was Bumblestripe. "Oh, hey Bumblestripe. What'd you want?" Foxleap and Bumblestripe were good friends, constantly telling each other secrets, going on patrols, play-fighting, all that stuff. Bumblestripe meowed, "I asked you if you wanted to come on a patrol with me, Dovepaw, Lionblaze, and Rosepetal." At the sound of Rosepetal's name, Foxleap stood up and shook his fur. "All right, let's go Bumblestripe!" Bumblestripe purred with amusement. "Looks like someone is in love!" Foxleap playfully batted the tom's tail. "Oh, hush you. I know you feel the same about Dovepaw." Bumblestripe blushed. "I guess your right." As the two toms hurried out the warrior's den, they passed Ferncloud, who was chatting in the nursery with Sandstorm, who was expecting a second litter. Ferncloud meowed with joy, "I'll have to move to the nursery soon. I'm expecting kits! Again!" Foxleap purred with happiness at his mother's news, but outside, his older brother Spiderleg growled at the news. Foxleap told Bumblestripe, "I'll catch up.", and hurried towards his older brother. "Hey Spiderleg, what's wrong? Aren't you happy? We're both going to be older brothers!" Spiderleg growled harder, and Foxleap shrank back in suprise. "Look here, Foxleap, I was of Ferncloud's first litter. She could of just stopped with me and Shrewpaw, but no! No, she had to go have more kittens, casting me off like me and Shrewpaw never existed. She never cared about us! If she has more kits, she might as well go make herself, Dustpelt, and their kits a clan! If she looses a kit, she's like 'Whatever.'. She has more kits to spare! So I could care less if she has more kits. They'll never be my kin. Not in my eyes." Foxleap wanted to comfort his big brother, but the black tom hissed in annoyance. "Just leave me alone!" Foxleap walked out the den into his patrolmates. Bumblestripe noticed something was wrong. "What's wrong?" He asked his friend. Foxleap looked at his denmate, then at his paws. "Oh, nothing."