14: interlude

protip: play the youtube song to get more feel. or turn on that song during reading this chapter

-

-

-

14: interlude

MONTH ONE FROM 'THE THING THAT RUINED APRIL':

Quentin: THAT C***! HE BROKE UP WITH MY SISTER! F****ING C*** THE F*** MOTHERF****** I WILL FIND HIM AND PUT MY TWO FINGERS TOWARDS HIS NOSTRILS SO THAT I CAN SQUEEZE HIS BRAINS FROM INSIDE OUT.

April's mom: Well, yeah. That guy who shouldn't be named broke my daughter's heart. NO, HE BROKE THE HEARTS OF THE COLLECTIVE HALE ANCESTRY! HE SHOULD BE SKINNED ALIVE AND THEN-

April's father: My wife's a bit emotional. I hope you can understand. It's only natural that she feels... so strongly... towards that... piece of sh*t. Okay, sorry, that was a bad word. But that sonuab*tch literally broke our daughter and then I... that was another bad word? F*ck. No. I can't do this. I can't talk anything that resemble niceties towards that f*cking c***.

-

-

-

MONTH THREE FROM 'THE THING THAT RUINED APRIL':

Trisha: Uhh... like, okay, she broke up with her long-term boyfriend. But everybody does that, right? I mean, I broke up with my high school sweetheart, too. Lauren did, Mindy did. Who the hell keeps their high school boyfriends, anyway?

Lauren: I'm a bit concerned that she seems to lose all interest about food and have heightened interests towards television, though.

Mindy: Yeah, scary amount of dedication to finish those series.

Trisha: And it's okay, I guess? I mean, people have their own ways to cope. When Alex broke up with me, I became a slight alcoholic-

Lauren: She didn't. Became a slight alcoholic, I mean.

Mindy: It's a I-will-embarass-my-parents-and-myself kind of downward spiral towards destruction kind of alcoholism.

Trisha: My friends are shitty human beings.

-

-

-

SIX MONTHS FROM 'THAT THING WITH APRIL AND THE UNNAMED BOY'

Prof. Langley: April Hale? Yeah, she's a student of mine. Kind of weird, have these crazy eyes that will either intensely look at you or intensely avoid you. Sometimes she gives me creeps because she will always know the smallest trivias of any kind of movies or television. I mean, I was supposed to be the film teacher, but it seems like she's the one who has already watched everything that's made by men from year 1950 to now. I wonder where she got the time?

Student #1: Nah, she's just got no social life.

Prof. Langley: makes sense.

Student #2: She was kind of popular before. You know, when she decided to show up at parties and gatherings. People like her because they say she's got... *whisper* Asperger's. I mean, I wouldn't mind hitting that. She's pretty.

Student #1: Meh... if no ass means pretty, then yeah. But she looks like she will get windswept all the time. And ever since she reportedly broke up with her ex-boyfriend, she just went into the deep side of no-friend-zone.

Student #3: And I tell you, there's a difference between the friendzone, and the no-friend-zone. The latter is a scary, cold, lonely place.

All three students look at one another and then nod sagely.