8. My Room Looks Worse from His Room

Sometimes I wondered if it was fully intentional of Ryder to always call my name wrong.

April was not a name that was hard to remember, wasn’t it? It certainly wasn’t in the same par as Serenitia or Henrietta or Tymyra. It only constituted of two syllables, one vowel for each syllable.

“Uggmm, brebbbrrerllergh,” Ryder was in the middle of groaning and crooning and crying as he followed me to the front of my house. “I hate my father much.”

In the course of twenty meters distance between the place where he harassed my window to my front door, he’d tripped on his own foot twice and nearly stumbled down head-first trice. 

“March, slow down,” he said.

Okay. So maybe he wasn’t faking not remembering my name. After all, just yesterday I wasn’t even sure if I was within his radar. Even if I was, I was  only the nameless cuckcosucker’s sister, anyway.

“Wait here first, okay?” I told him, before then I hurried inside my house to check whether any of my family members were still up.

Bless my blood, everything was pitch black, and the only sound that could be heard was the distant snoring from Quentin’s room.

When I went back to Ryder, he was fumbling on the zipper on his trousers, his torso directed dangerously to the flower pots near the porch.

“No-no-no-no! Don’t pee on my mother’s pansies!”

Ryder snorted as he started laughing. “But I want to take a pee.”

“I’ll take you to my bathroom!”

“The flower looks like they need water.”

“Your pee is toxic water!” I nearly screeched, because I knew how much love and care my mother gave to the pansies. “And it’s yellow!”

Ryder took this way too lightly and started sniggering in a manner that would be out of control in seconds. 

This was way worse than what I’d imagined it’d be. And this was only the beginning. I could feel my eyes sink as I stared at the stairs that would lead to my room. Holy stars, was Ryder even capable of taking the stairs?

“March,” Ryder was coming closer to me. Right know he might be devoid of the intense glare that he would normally strap on his eyes, but the fact that he was so tall and broad-shouldered and tattooed still made me squirm whenever he was around my vicinity. “I need to pee.”

 Oh, snap it.

Closing my eyes, I grabbed Ryder’s arms and tugged him along with me. He was warm and his skin was a little rugged and I was pretty sure I’d clawed him more than necessary, but somehow I managed to get through the stairs without fainting twice. When I opened the door to my room, Ryder immediately went to the bathroom and not long thereafter, I could hear the sound of water hitting against water and a scandalous moan coming from him.

As the bathroom door flung open, Ryder staggered out, a smile was still on his face as he took in my room. 

You see, I was way too aware that I wasn’t the very definition of normal, but my physical body carried no such proof of that. My room, however, was another story.

Tons of movie posters were plastered all over the walls, ranging from Star Wars (because a lot of times I felt the need to explore the galaxy world) to Mean Girls (because watching Regina George would made me scream and hyperventilate so much that it would wear me off before I sleep). Action figures were all over my desk, and don’t even ask about my bed.