2.8: Misunderstanding is a Major Turn Off

I was glad to see that Alex didn't try to second-text me. I was never one to ignore others. It felt weird, to be acutely aware that someone was waiting for your reply (and then even nudge you to send one after you've decided not to) and then decide that they didn't deserve it. I felt like I was being cruel, like I was one of the mean girls in those teenage movies.

Quentin, on the other hand, felt the need to send me a barrage of text thorough the night.

Q the Great to 'My weird Other Self'

Dnt till me that that that basterrd is dumping you!

Sent at 2:05AM

-

Q the Great to 'My weird Other Self'

On dcddd though, I zink iz best. I don't like him much aftr all!!!!!!111! Esccp aftrr all tht drama.

Sent at 2:30AM

-

Q the Great to 'My weird Other Self'

Are you okay?

Sent at 3:31AM

-

Q the Great to 'My weird Other Self'

Hey, please text me back.!

Sent at 5:00AM

-

Q the Great to 'My weird Other Self'

You're not mad at me, are u? I've called u like 10 times!

Sent at 5:10AM

-

-

-

Considering the amount of coherency he displayed at the last couple of text, I concluded that Quentin regained his consciousness fast. It was almost celebratory, because he had been a very lightweight drinker.

I was still on my room the next day, unable to find the will nor courage to actually wake up.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, my roommate Trisha had very little sense of privacy.

"Black or pink?!" she broke into my door with only a shocking pink bra and jeans.

I closed my eyes. "I didn't see anything I didn't see anything and I totally understand if you thought that my room was actually your room, so please get out of here and put on some clothes because I can see your bra!"

Trisha giggled. "No, you silly! I'm asking for some second opinion!"

"I guess you could come back later after you've put on some clothes."

"I'm not asking opinion about clothes," Trisha said. "It's my bra."

I still didn't dare to open my eyes. "B-Bra?"

"Take a look," Trisha prodded.

"No."

"Come on, don't pretend to be such a prude. I can't believe you're a prude if you have a boyfriend like that."

"That's irrelevant, but still no."

"Come on, you're so boring."

I put my hands over my eyes because I sensed that Trisha would be the kind of person who would forcefully trick me into opening my eyes. "You're not the first person to say that."