light prologue+chapt. 1

Prologue:

I was standing in a beautiful field, with flowers and trees I'd never seen before. I looked around in amazement and froze when I saw him. He was standing right in front of me. I couldn't understand why I hadn't seen him before. He was really there and if anyone would've told me two months ago, that I would be this happy to see my little brother, I wouldn't have believed them. I wanted to run towards him and hug him. But something stopped me. The look in his blue eyes was different. He looked exactly like he looked on the day of the accident, except for his eyes. They weren't filled with his usual no worries and childish fun gaze. They were filled with accusation. With hatred I'd never seen before. And it was all meant for me. I just knew it. He opened his mouth, as if he wanted to speak, but nothing came out. Then I heard a voice, it was saying something, but too soft to hear. It got louder and louder.

"It's all your fault, everything that happened is your fault. You shouldn't be alive. You are the one who's supposed to face death. Not us. It was never us." I jumped by hearing the familiar sound of my brother's voice. Though he didn't open his mouth, he was still talking to me. The worst part was he was right. If I hadn't wanted to go back, they might be still alive. Her mom, dad and her brother. My brother had reason to hate me. Though it still hurt. And he didn't stop. He kept whispering the same.

"It's your fault, you shouldn't be alive, you killed us." Over and over again. There it was again, the thing that happened every night and I couldn't stop it. The day of the accident played right in front of my eyes and I couldn't do anything about it.

It was a Thursday in September and it was a holiday. I'd woken up early because we would leave at noon. I needed time to put my make-up on and do my hair. After that I took my favorite bikini, which I knew I looked hot in, and put it on. I wanted everyone to look at me. Just like I wanted at school. Mom called me at 10 o'clock and I looked in the mirror one last time before going. I went downstairs. I saw my mom and dad sitting at the table with breakfast in front of them. My mom's blond curls moved up and down while she was laughing about a story my dad was telling. They both looked up and smiled. I made a sandwich and finished it. After breakfast my dad got the car and put the luggage in it. We all got in and drove to the beach. We would stay there about a week and go home again. About halfway I found that I forgot my favorite flip flops. I really needed those for my outfit.

"Dad can we please go home, I forgot my slippers and I really need them."

"sweetie we'll get you new slippers okay?" my mom said. But I was still looking at the rearview mirror at my dad. I knew my dad could never refuse me and that I finally would get what I wanted.

"But I want those, I really like them and they'd look perfect with my new bikini," I whined.

"okay we'll go back" my dad said, I'd won. He turned around and went back home. Then out of nowhere a guy stood on the street. My mom screamed, my dad tried to avoid him and crashed against a tree.

My mom's blond hair became red when she's hit the dashboard her eyes lifeless. My dad's neck was bent in a weird position. He couldn't be alive anymore. My little brother had his eyes closed, it looked like he was sleeping but his chest wasn't moving. He wasn't breathing anymore.

Chapter one:

I woke up and noticed that my pillow was wet. I'd been crying. I looked around my room, like I had every day since the accident. It wasn't the usual light blue walls, with yellow laced curtains around the window. Not the black computer situated on a desk with the stereo next to it. It was nothing like my old room. It had white walls and an old dressing table, black colored. I would've never thought my room would ever look like this, but now when I look at it, I actually like it. It has an old atmosphere around the room, but still modern enough to be a teenager's room. I got out of bed and dressed in my black hoody and jeans. I grabbed my IPod, sunglasses and earphones. I walked straight to the bathroom which was lined with my bedroom. I walked over to the mirror and looked straight into my dark black eyes, which were lined with red because of the crying. Though I got used to the red lining, because every night I had the same dream. You'd think that you would get used to it eventually, but that's not the case when you're me, I guess. I hated those dreams but I didn't take anything to make the dreams go away, because my brother is right. And in every dream he points out that it's my fault and nothing in the world can change what happened, so I just have to live with it.

My silky black hair fell right into place, as always.

I didn't put any make-up on, because I just didn't care anymore. The accident happened because of me being way too shallow. I wasn't planning on being that girl ever again. I put in my earplugs and turned my IPod at the maximum volume. The only way to turn down my guilt level was pushing my problems away with music. I would only have to listen to music not my thoughts. I went downstairs and saw my grandma- which I just met, and who somehow got the guardianship on me though I'd never seen her before in my life- sitting at the oak table eating breakfast. When she saw me she put down her sandwich and gestured for me to sit down. Since the accident I don't really talk to people anymore, but she was still my grandma and I actually wanted to get to know her better. So I took out my earplugs and sat down.

"How are you doing this morning sweetie? Are you excited to go to school again?" She asked with actual interest. Her blue eyes piercing into mine. Normally long white hair does not look cool on anyone. But somehow my grandma made it look nice and calm.

"As excited as you can be to go to school, after losing your family". It was a bit harsh because she really tried to help, but I just couldn't afford to be nice, yet. I saw her cringe and her eyes fill with pain, I regretted it immediately. "I'm sorry," I said, and her gaze softened again.

"It's okay; I understand you're still sad. So am I and we both have the same way of showing it. Which is not showing it." I smiled. She was right. She asked me if I wanted anything to eat, but I refused. I wasn't hungry. I grabbed my bag and said goodbye. "I'm probably not here when you come home, I'm.... out with some friends." When she said that I immediately knew what she meant. When I moved here last week, I got a tour through my new house. I found out the most shocking thing. My grandmother was a witch, which meant that my mother was a witch and that meant that I was a witch. I once asked my grandmother why mom never told me, she said that my mom never truly liked being a witch. She ran away from her destiny. I always liked trying out new things. But becoming a witch is something big.

Yeah, technically I'm already a witch but I never tried anything out. I started thinking about it on my way to my car-a black Volvo S40 from 1996 - and then it hit me. The reason I was so popular in my former life-when I was shallow, a great b***h and unbelievably popular- was that I could sabotage people with things I could never know. When I was mad there was a thunderstorm, when I was sad it was raining. I couldn't believe I didn't notice it before. But it was true, I really was a witch. I was stunned for a minute but then I recovered myself and drove off to my new school.