"The Seven" Prologue

These are no ordinary children, but then again this is no ordinary story either.

Aiden opens the door slowly looking around the room trying to let his eyes adjust to the dark room and there she is standing by the window the lightning lighting her up. Jess look's back at Aiden and smiles she can't really see him but she knows it's him. Aiden shuts the door behind him and walks towards Jessica, the moonlight gives her ash blonde hair a heavenly glow and he smiles back at her.

"You know its late?" Aiden puts his arm around her waist and stands with her at the window looking out to the world.

"I know" she rests her head on his shoulder.

Looking out Aiden can see the supervisors down below in the courtyard loading cars and the large truck in the rain; the car lights give them long distorted shadows.

"Its really happening isn't it?"

Aiden pulls her closer and holds her tight

"Everything is going to be fine" trying to sound positive and not let the fear get into his voice

"Aiden who adopts a bunch of 16 and 17 year old?" Jessica pulls away and walks to the middle of the room

"Someone who really wants a child?" trying to sound enthusiastic Aiden leans against the widow

"I am serious, it's not a joke!" She was getting angry

Aiden felt it then the room started to shake, the furniture in the room began to move.

"Jessica calm down!" he walks towards her and puts his arms on her shoulders

Jessica relaxes herself and the room stops shaking, she looks around and sighs. She shakes her head and rest her head on Aiden shoulder.

"Something is not right, I can feel it"

"We are all going to be fine, you and me and the others"

"Yes you will be with your sister and the rest of us will separate"

"I did not choose this Jessica; I have no control of the situation"

"Yes but you didn't try to stop it either"

"I'm not taking the blame for something I have no control over, it's not fair to blame me and you know it"

"I know I'm sorry, it's just....." Jessica looks towards the door and back to Aiden

He can see the fear and sadness in her eyes and he does not know how to take it away or stop it.

"I don't think I will be able to make it without you"

"Jessica you will be fine"

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because you are amazing and I will find you again after this, in a year I'll be 18 and out of the system, I'll find everyone!"

He leans towards her to kiss her and the door burst open causing Aiden and Jessica to jump back and shield there eyes from the bright light.

"Aiden what the hell are you doing out of the boys dorm?" Mrs Edre was looking at the two of them

"I just wanted to make....."

Mrs Edre stops him with a stare.

"I don't want an excuse just get to your room now!" she stood back from the door and waited for Aiden to exit

"Please Mrs Edre we were just talking and we are leaving tomorrow" Jessica takes Aidens and hand holds his hand her last attempt to keep him close.