Chapter 5

"Whoops, look who's the grown up now," Mum greeted as I climbed down the stairs. "What?" I asked, confused. I self-consciously checked my outfit. "Nothing wrong with your outfit, dear," Mum assured. "But I'm pretty sure I saw a boy sending you back last night." I rolled my eyes. "Oh, that. More like his driver sent me back." Mum raised an eyebrow. "Okay...." As I gobbled down my cereal, Mum watched me silently. "Bye, Mum," I called, grabbing my backpack making my way to the gates.

    "Abbygail!" Cosette shouted once she caught sight of me. "Whoa, chill, gal. Wassup?" I said, trying to act cool. "You never told me Greyson went to Curtis with you!" she exclaimed. "Uh, I just found out yesterday!" I argued. "Oh well. The cheerleaders are eyeing him already," Cosette said, pointing to the cheerleaders who were giggling and flirting with Greyson. "Don't they always do that?" I asked, not the least surprised. "I guess," Cosette shrugged.

    "Aww, Greyson, you're so cute!" Hannah giggled as she sashayed into the classroom with Greyson with her hand over Greyson's shoulder. Greyson looked uncomfortable, and I could sense that. I shot him a sympathetic look and Greyson smiled and mouthed thanks. Then he was off with Hannah to meet the other cheerleaders. "Someone's jealous," Cosette whispered in my ear. I jumped. "What? No. Never. I'll stay dedicated to the posters in my room." Cosette covered her mouth with her hand, stifling her laugh. "Well, don't worry, because Greyson's a year younger than them, so I don't think they'll date him," Cosette assured. "There're younger cheerleaders, you know," I rolled my eyes. "Ooh, told you you were jealous," Cosetted teased and I punched her playfully as our homeroom teacher walked in.

     "Curtis is so amazing," Greyson gushed as he gobbled down his food during lunch. "Oh, yes. The fees are amazing too," I answered sarcastically. "Aren't you a scholar?" Greyson asked, looking up. "Well, yes, fortunately. What about you?" I asked, poking at the fishball with my fork. "Nah-uh. But I'll try to get a scholarship next year," Greyson said, taking a sip of his orange juice. "Aren't you going to sit with the cheerleaders?" Cosette chimed in. "What? Them?" Greyson looked at their table disbelievingly and shook his head. "Seriously, I deserve better than that." Cosette cleared her throat and I coughed. "Not so fast, young man," Cosette fake coughed. "Haha, I know, but I'm pretty good-looking, no?" Greyson asked, making a duck face and we all chuckled. "Not!" I laughed so hard that my sides hurt. "Ok, enough, we gotta go for our yearbook meeting," Cosette instructed, which made me laugh even harder. "You look gorgeous when you laugh," Greyson complimented and I stopped. I was blushing, and I could tell. "Well," I said as a got up hastily, "We have to go now, see you." Then I ran out of the cafeteria to avoid further embarrassment.