Chapter 7

"He sings?!" Cosette exclaimed, and everyone in the chemistry lab turned to look at her. "Shhhh," I hushed, embarrassed. "Sorry," Cosette said, looking around. "So yeah, he sings. What else do I not know about him?" Cosette asked, turning back to me. "You've got to check this out," I said, pulling her out of the lab. "Look at this." I showed her Greyson's video, and she was dumbfounded. "Wow," she gaped, "isn't he supposed to be signed by someone already?" I shrugged. "Well, he's still here." Cosette started giving me jazz hands. "I can't wait to hear him sing!" I rolled my eyes and pulled her back to the lab.

"Excuse me, class! Settle down!" Mrs Claire was hollering on top on her lungs, and nobody seemed to be paying attention." Quiet!" She snapped, causing all of us to stop talking at once. "Why, why, why, you obedient kids," she said as she clasped her hands together. "Of course, there's going to be punishment for you. And I mean ALL of you," she grinned evilly. I mentally face palmed myself. Mrs. Claire was our performing arts teacher, and by 'punishment' she means making you dance or sing in front of everyone. "Why don't we start with you, Abbygail?" Damn it. Why me? I walked nervously to the front of the class. "Why don't you try singing, then?" Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Cosette smirking. Damn you too, Cosette.

"Um...." I started singing 'Counting Stars', and everyone was listening intently, especially Greyson. When I finished singing, everyone clapped. "Well, Abbygail, you have a great voice! You should really participate in our school's talent show!" Miss Claire gushed. "I'll see," I replied, walking back to my seat. "Alright. Mr. Chance? What about you?" Greyson stood up slowly, walking to the front of the class. "Can I use that piano?" He asked, pointing to the keyboard beside Mrs. Claire's table. "Why yes, of course. I didn't know you could play," Mrs. Claire said. Slowly, Greyson sat down and placed his fingers on the keyboard. And started singing. Everyone listened with their mouths open. "I can't believe it," Cosette whispered. I smiled smugly, knowing that he'd have a lot more Enchancers after this.